South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   KENT MEET AREA (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=1896)

majorscooby 23-07-2009 07:09 PM

KENT MEET AREA

I know this subject has been discused time and time again but could us guys and girlies here on SES come up with some ideas for a kent area meeting point please!!!!! Dont see why we should panic if we appear at the same venue as another club we may end up there on different nights but something is needed to get the ball rolling! :drive:

Just post up some ideas, create a list and see who fancys what? Im sure 'Big E' would be gratefull of some thoughts its been on his mind for a while. :sos:

666subaru 23-07-2009 07:35 PM

Re: KENT MEET AREA

Quote:

Originally Posted by majorscooby
I know this subject has been discused time and time again but could us guys and girlies here on SES come up with some ideas for a kent area meeting point please!!!!! Dont see why we should panic if we appear at the same venue as another club we may end up there on different nights but something is needed to get the ball rolling! :drive:

Just post up some ideas, create a list and see who fancys what? Im sure 'Big E' would be gratefull of some thoughts its been on his mind for a while. :sos:

Yes but you need a passport to go into kent dont you, wherever it is :rofl:

BIG"E" 23-07-2009 07:41 PM

Thank you Majorscooby for posting this:
if any of you have any ideas please let us know.

I am currently working with Silversurfer on some different ideas and venues which will be posted shortly.

If you have any ideas please make sure they meet the following criteria:

Large Car Park,
Good beer,
Good quality reasonably priced food (preferably with a children's menu)
Outside seating for those 'heatwave' moments
Easy to find and not a 20min drive down a single track lane.

Scooby Wez 23-07-2009 08:14 PM

How about the American diner in Ashford i know it is used by alot of car clubs.Plus the food is spot on.

herbert 23-07-2009 08:37 PM

how about dover cliffs nice views and i think there is a pub there aswell big car park :doubleup:

Scott.T 24-07-2009 03:28 PM

We are going to publish a map of Kent, East Sussex, West sussex and Surrey with a meet 'zone' that falls into each of the area's.

I need to sort this, but have not had the time this week.
This will help us decide where venue's can be used that are not at the extremities of the region, therefore providing suitable points/places that are within reach of the maximum number of members.

Some venues have been discussed that could be used for 'special' events, but these are at the extremes of the region i.e Margate/Dover therefore would fall outside the 'zone' for the regular meets we hope to run.

worzel 24-07-2009 03:29 PM

Spot on Scott :10:

lady-turbo-wrx 24-07-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel
Spot on Scott :10:

:agreed: Will be good to get it sorted so that everybody is Happier :doubleup:

majorscooby 25-07-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
We are going to publish a map of Kent, East Sussex, West sussex and Surrey with a meet 'zone' that falls into each of the area's.

I need to sort this, but have not had the time this week.
This will help us decide where venue's can be used that are not at the extremities of the region, therefore providing suitable points/places that are within reach of the maximum number of members.

Some venues have been discussed that could be used for 'special' events, but these are at the extremes of the region i.e Margate/Dover therefore would fall outside the 'zone' for the regular meets we hope to run.

good stuff fella, hope im not treading on anybodys toes mentioning the kent area meets I know every ones busy with hols and all but it just went a little quiet :paranoid:

BIG"E" 25-07-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

good stuff fella, hope im not treading on anybodys toes mentioning the kent area meets I know every ones busy with hols and all but it just went a little quiet :paranoid:

Ooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccchhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhh. :lol: :lol:

Who is that standing on my foot. :rofl:

Its a good job I have my steel toe caps on. :lol: :lol:

Things are in the pipe line. :doubleup:

Keep the ideas coming. :yeah:

Skullfudge 25-07-2009 01:42 PM

Brands Hatch ?

Blue Water ?

majorscooby 26-07-2009 08:20 AM

The wharf dartford

The hop farm

nottcuts maidstone

lady-turbo-wrx 27-07-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

The wharf dartford

The hop farm

nottcuts maidstone

These are a good idea Rich
:doubleup:

Cath 27-07-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

The wharf dartford

The hop farm

nottcuts maidstone

I can vouch for those places :doubleup:

BIG"E" 27-07-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

The wharf dartford

The hop farm

nottcuts maidstone

Please dont forget the following criteria:

Large Car Park,
Good beer,( for non drivers)

Or do these venues meet the criteria??
The venue for a monthly meeting has to tick all the boxes, so we can cater for everyone,

Wherever possible. :doubleup:

Steve_PPP 27-07-2009 09:33 PM

as crazy as it might sound (especially coming from a brown beer drinker :mrgreen: ), the atmosphere and parking at the pub are much more important i think than good beer - nearly all of us are driving anyway!

BIG"E" 27-07-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP
as crazy as it might sound (especially coming from a brown beer drinker :mrgreen: ), the atmosphere and parking at the pub are much more important i think than good beer - nearly all of us are driving anyway!

:agreed:

But it is nice to have just one nice pint even though its a shandy.

Alot of people do have passengers.

I am certainly NOT advocating DRINK DRIVING

majorscooby 28-07-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG E
Quote:

The wharf dartford

The hop farm

nottcuts maidstone

Large Car Park,

The venue for a monthly meeting has to tick all the boxes, so we can cater for everyone,

criteria covered at the wharf dartford and nottcutts maidstone!!! never been to the hop farm though :drive:

BIG"E" 28-07-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG E
Quote:

The wharf dartford

The hop farm

nottcuts maidstone

Large Car Park,

criteria covered at the wharf dartford and nottcutts maidstone!!! never been to the hop farm though :drive:

Thanks for the info. :yeah:

Keep it coming please. :doubleup:

Richard 31-07-2009 07:54 PM

Bluewater?? has the added advantage of having undercover parking.

graydog 31-07-2009 08:57 PM

there is a very nice pub in hawkinge with a big car park and a dual carridge way hill for those who wish right next to the pub

BIG"E" 31-07-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graydog
there is a very nice pub in hawkinge with a big car park and a dual carridge way hill for those who wish right next to the pub

:doubleup:

Keep them coming.

Mortster 01-08-2009 07:39 AM

Rich, as nice as Bluewater is, it has a masive car crime problem. The same as with any other regional centre, its much like a car show room to organized car theifs. I know this as I ran a retail unit in there for a year, and we get access to all the stats/figures and the like.

Not saying totally rule it out, But Ive never been 100% leaving any of my cars there since working there.

Richard 01-08-2009 11:14 AM

Fair point, I hadn't really looked at it from that angle. Only really sugested it as I was up there with a friend on wednesday night at his evo meet (left the scoob at home,although I was tempted to take it and see the reactions :norty: ) It provided shelter and good lighting and to be honest the evening was spent with people chatting and looking around other members cars meaning that the vehicles weren't left unattended.

hopsky1 03-08-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbert
how about dover cliffs nice views and i think there is a pub there aswell big car park :doubleup:

hope your handbrake works ok i suppose you could always call the aa man again :D