South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Engine Management (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Oil Leak (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=1976)

chris wrx 05-08-2009 09:53 PM

Oil Leak

Alright chaps, After sundays drive i noticed some oil sitting on the tray in front of the battery, after inspection i saw some oil around the filler cap and some sitting on the thread inside the filler cap. Now could the oil have come out and sprayed off the belts ? Also the car was sitting in traffic for ages just creeping foward . I did give it a bit of stick on the way to Greatstone and back. The car is a 95 wrx. Thanks chris. :?

midlife2 05-08-2009 10:08 PM

Re: Oil Leak

Engine breathing heavy maybe?

Steve_PPP 05-08-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris wrx
I did give it a bit of stick on the way to Greatstone

Good thing i kept holding you up then, wouldn't have wanted it to break down in the middle of nowhere :rofl:

You can thank the mrs for that.... :doh:

Steve_PPP 05-08-2009 10:25 PM

oh, and to go back on topic, i doubt oil would escape from the filler cap. also, when i top my oil up, i've always had a little bit at the top in the thread, never worried about it.

have you noticed it using oil more than normal?

midlife2 05-08-2009 10:33 PM

Could be coming from the dipstick though

chris wrx 05-08-2009 10:40 PM

Its a bit of a mystery, it dosent seem to use any oil at all , ive had it 18 months.

chris wrx 05-08-2009 10:42 PM

[quote=Steve_PPP]
Quote:

Originally Posted by "chris wrx":1ldeve2i
I did give it a bit of stick on the way to Greatstone

Good thing i kept holding you up then, wouldn't have wanted it to break down in the middle of nowhere :rofl:

You can thank the mrs for that.... :doh:[/quote:1ldeve2i]
Wifey kept telling me to slow down , turned radio up :drive:

hopsky1 06-08-2009 06:49 PM

cam cover seals common leak on these or possible cam or carnk seal

BIG"E" 06-08-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris wrx
After sundays drive I did give it a bit of stick on the way to Greatstone and back.

You will play with the BIG boys. :nono: :nono: :drive: :drive: :lol: :lol:

Seriously mate I hope its not serious and you get it sorted. :doubleup:

chris wrx 06-08-2009 08:04 PM

[quote=BIG E]
Quote:

Originally Posted by "chris wrx":3jlwhncv
After sundays drive I did give it a bit of stick on the way to Greatstone and back.

You will play with the BIG boys. :nono: :nono: :drive: :drive: :lol: :lol:

Seriously mate I hope its not serious and you get it sorted. :doubleup:[/quote:3jlwhncv]
If i dont look under the bonnet perhaps it will go away :angst: .As for playing with the big boys ,,,,,,, i dont think i"ll bother :deadhorse:

2-jaffacake-tone 06-08-2009 08:07 PM

crank seal was done when we done the cambelt. best this is to give it a wash off and give it a drive and look then, it dosent take long to blow all over the place.

chris wrx 06-08-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2-jaffacake-tone
crank seal was done when we done the cambelt. best this is to give it a wash off and give it a drive and look then, it dosent take long to blow all over the place.

I"ll give it a go, hows your beast comming on? :mrgreen: