South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sushi Sunday @ Goodwood 1st October - CANCELLED (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=22621)

SpecB 25-05-2017 09:34 AM

Sushi Sunday @ Goodwood 1st October - CANCELLED

I've tried to get us into the Sushi Sunday breakfast club as a group however they are not allowing 'block bookings' so this is your early warning that to get onto the grid or into the paddock you will need to pre-register:

Sign-Up for Breakfast club here

'Collecting vehicles with that true banzai spirit, whether it be Nissan or Toyota, Honda or Suzuki Goodwood celebrates all vehicles from the Land of the Rising Sun, whether they’re JDM or EU spec, with two or four wheels for one day Goodwood turns Japanese.'

Nearer the time we may add a pub meet in the local area after the breakfast club but get registered now to stand a chance of getting onto the circuit or else you'll be in the field!

Names Below:
1. Spec B - Registered with goodwod

C. J. 25-05-2017 11:31 AM

Will be on the way to Spa Or I'd be there ,have a good one:)

Red Baron 25-05-2017 11:52 AM

Signed up and got an automated reply saying there had been a lot of interest in this event so waiting to see if I'm in or not. I believe Dave (Ginola) is already signed up for this.

nikkinokkinoo 25-05-2017 12:18 PM

Signed up.

Banstead Stig 25-05-2017 12:37 PM

Registering just gets you onto the grid/into the paddock.

Still worth attending if not everyone makes it onto the list and it'll be easier to coordinate if parking in the public car park (field) so the club can all park together.

It's a bit annoying as I signed up a couple of weeks ago, but never received confirmation. This thread reminded me to check and I wasn't registered. :(

ScoobyStu 25-05-2017 10:16 PM

Done. Thanks for the heads up :-)

BIG"E" 25-05-2017 10:29 PM

Registered..

Well hopefully we will have at least two WR1s.. :ok:

chrisp 26-05-2017 01:46 AM

Registered, just means I've got a date to get my car done by. Hopefully get a space if not I'll see if there is members parking which I think there is

Rdlangy1 26-05-2017 08:57 AM

Registered for grid e.t.c. :ok:

Red Baron 17-09-2017 11:20 AM

Anyone had confirmation that they're in yet, I've just had an email reminding me to register despite having already done so.

tbtstt 18-09-2017 11:57 AM

Really annoying that this clashes with the BTCC at Brands, as this has been a good day out the last few years.

Simon-Sti 18-09-2017 09:39 PM

Registered to display

Steve_PPP 19-09-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbtstt (Post 240715)
Really annoying that this clashes with the BTCC at Brands, as this has been a good day out the last few years.

Agreed, I was considering BTCC as it looks like a good day, and will be great to see the first championship win by Subaru ;)

(disclaimer: I've not watched the action from Silverstone yet so hopefully it didn't go badly wrong for Ash Sutton - it's on my sky+ when i get a chance!)

BIG"E" 19-09-2017 05:35 PM

I have just received my conformation email..:doubleup:

WR1s rule..:lol:

SpecB 19-09-2017 06:20 PM

I’m in too!

Red Baron 19-09-2017 06:32 PM

And me...

...if it passes the MOT on Saturday.

Simon-Sti 19-09-2017 06:36 PM

Had my email too :)

ScoobyStu 19-09-2017 07:10 PM

Me too....just got to hope it's back from Smd in time now :lol: :lol:

chrisp 20-09-2017 07:46 AM

Got mine but it won't be completely finished, I may bring it down if it's running, If not may have to bring a jap bike

Steve_PPP 20-09-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScoobyStu (Post 240757)
Me too....just got to hope it's back from Smd in time now :lol: :lol:

What are you having done? :)

ScoobyStu 20-09-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 240761)
What are you having done? :)

It's the second time it has been in the past 4-5 weeks mate but I've had it serviced, cam belt changed, front pads and carrier seals, oil cooler relocated and ducting made for assisted cooling, headers and down pipe re heatwrapped, headlight wiring sorted, custom catch can made and installed (hoping it'll stop it puffing smoke, leakdown and compression test were really good) arch liner, Toucan installed with oil pressure and fuel pressure ready to be added once I have an FPR, few other bits of wrapping of oil lines, boot lid is rattling, air con needs regassing and a few other little bits.

A word of warning about Godspeed for anyone reading this. The brakes were overhauled by them with new pads and discs less than a year and only a few thousand miles ago. Pads are shot (two sets both from Godspeed as they gave me the second set as spares) the discs need replacing and the carrier seals have gone already. Glad it wasn't me that paid £1200 for their shoddy work, although rectifying won't be cheap either!

Not a Diesel!!! 20-09-2017 11:46 PM

I am in also.

Mike L 21-09-2017 09:08 PM

Had my confirmation email too :)

tbtstt 22-09-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 240737)
(disclaimer: I've not watched the action from Silverstone yet so hopefully it didn't go badly wrong for Ash Sutton - it's on my sky+ when i get a chance!)

LEAST SPOILER DESCRIPTION OF BTCC AT SILVERSTONE: Stuff happens. But then more stuff happens in the next race and it all works out OK.

Enjoy Goodwood chaps (please take pictures!), I will be at Brands!

Anger 22-09-2017 11:31 AM

I'll be down but will have to park the M3 in the public car park :)

Red Baron 22-09-2017 04:46 PM

Think I'm going to jump ship to the BTCC at Brands so may have a breakfast club pass going spare.

Simon-Sti 23-09-2017 12:29 PM

Going Brands now!

Red Baron 25-09-2017 01:10 PM

I mailed the Breakfast Club team to say I wouldn't be attending and my pass could therefore go to someone else and got a response.

Frenchie 25-09-2017 02:19 PM

Seeing ScoobyStu post,I would like to add that Godspeeds level of workmanship is crap They made liners for my rear hubs on my old WRX so they could accommodate brembos, but didn't make them correctly meaning I had to get them skimmed. Engineer was amazed at how bad they were. Godspeed tried to put the blame on Brent at SMD for fitting them badly. Anyone who knows Brent knows that is rubbish.

ScoobyStu 25-09-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 240863)
Seeing ScoobyStu post,I would like to add that Godspeeds level of workmanship is crap They made liners for my rear hubs on my old WRX so they could accommodate brembos, but didn't make them correctly meaning I had to get them skimmed. Engineer was amazed at how bad they were. Godspeed tried to put the blame on Brent at SMD for fitting them badly. Anyone who knows Brent knows that is rubbish.

Absolutely.

They did similar with a good mate of mine and accused Alan and Martyn at Enginetuner of not knowing what they were doing too :lol: :lol: :lol:

555_Si 25-09-2017 06:39 PM

Got the godspeed rear shoes on mine and you can tell they are rubbish as you can hear them binding and doing all sorts of things. Fitted by someone who really knows his stuff.

Steve_PPP 25-09-2017 07:06 PM

Got them on mine too. Adjusted the handbrake last weekend with Rob as it was so high it barely held the car, got it spot on after lots of tweaking the adjusters behind the rear hubs. Ten miles later (and getting the brakes hot) and they're back to being rubbish again.

Rdlangy1 25-09-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 240871)
Got them on mine too. Adjusted the handbrake last weekend with Rob as it was so high it barely held the car, got it spot on after lots of tweaking the adjusters behind the rear hubs. Ten miles later (and getting the brakes hot) and they're back to being rubbish again.

My handbrake does exactly the same thing...

Steve_PPP 25-09-2017 07:22 PM

Weird. Mine used to be fine until I had to go with the Godspeed oversized shoes as part of the rear brembo conversion.

ScoobyStu 28-09-2017 11:37 AM

Just seen that due to the adverse weather we’ve had, this has now been cancelled as the car parks aren’t usable. :-( not sure if it will be rescheduled or not yet.

ScoobyStu 28-09-2017 11:39 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9e723d89e8.png

Steve_PPP 28-09-2017 11:45 AM

That's a shame, but understandable. From what I've heard the car parks were in a state after Revival so with the recent rain its probably not had much of a chance to recover.

I've updated the thread title so it grabs people's attention.

ScoobyStu 28-09-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 240923)
That's a shame, but understandable. From what I've heard the car parks were in a state after Revival so with the recent rain its probably not had much of a chance to recover.

I've updated the thread title so it grabs people's attention.

I agree, it’s completely understandable. Hopefully it’ll be rescheduled when we can all go again.

Banstead Stig 28-09-2017 12:13 PM

Just got the email. It's due to belt it down this weekend at times too, so better that they've taken the decision now.

I'm quite pleased as it clashes with the Stiglet's rugby training, so I was going to miss it anyway!