South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Goodwood track day? (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=22166)

jmcc42uk 01-01-2017 10:21 PM

Goodwood track day?

Anyone know if there is trackdays at Goodwood anytime soon?

Steve_PPP 02-01-2017 09:46 AM

Hi,

I've moved this post to a new thread as it wasn't related to the Xmas meal thread it was posted in....

We haven't got anything planned for Goodwood yet this year, but we haven't really started planning any of our 2017 events yet (its only 3rd Jan ;))

Goodwood trackdays are typically quite expensive (over £200 per car per day) and our previous trackdays there have been linked to charity events which brings the cost down. However, there haven't been these opportunities in the last year or two so I'm not sure if we'll have a club trackday there or not this year.

I'm hoping to sort an SES trackday at either Brands or Bedford in the spring, depending on interest. If Goodwood is specifically something you want to do, try:
http://www.opentrack.co.uk/product-category/goodwood/

Moley_WRX 03-01-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 232543)
I'm hoping to sort an SES trackday at either Brands or Bedford in the spring, depending on interest

I'm in :ok:

Ginola 03-01-2017 06:59 PM

Me likey Trackdays :drive:

SamSTI 03-01-2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginola (Post 232576)
Me likey Trackdays :drive:

+1 :agreed::agreed:

Frenchie 04-01-2017 09:15 AM

Which place is best for a first time track day, on a one to one basis and what can I expect to pay.

Steve_PPP 04-01-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 232584)
Which place is best for a first time track day, on a one to one basis and what can I expect to pay.

I'd say one of the novice days at Brands is perfect for that. Its a short circuit so easy to learn, and there's run off areas/gravel in most of the places you might make a mistake (not all ;)) but compared to somewhere like Goodwood, its much safer.

MSV used to run novice sessions at 20 mins each for £25 in the evenings, but they don't seem to do that anymore. They only have one novice trackday listed on 23rd March but its £149 for a full day. If you went on a general trackday then you can get as cheap as £99 in January. Both of them could easily be wet though, which is why they're cheaper than summer days.

When you say one to one basis, I assume you mean with an instructor? You can do that at Brands but it obviously adds cost. You'll never get the circuit to yourself...

nikkinokkinoo 04-01-2017 09:59 AM

I'm in for track things. :doubleup:

boggissimo 04-01-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 232585)
I'd say one of the novice days at Brands is perfect for that. Its a short circuit so easy to learn, and there's run off areas/gravel in most of the places you might make a mistake (not all ;)) but compared to somewhere like Goodwood, its much safer.

MSV used to run novice sessions at 20 mins each for £25 in the evenings, but they don't seem to do that anymore. They only have one novice trackday listed on 23rd March but its £149 for a full day. If you went on a general trackday then you can get as cheap as £99 in January. Both of them could easily be wet though, which is why they're cheaper than summer days.

When you say one to one basis, I assume you mean with an instructor? You can do that at Brands but it obviously adds cost. You'll never get the circuit to yourself...

I think they've only got the first few months of dates up on the site at the moment: http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/trackda...33&submit.y=12

The evening events where you can do a taster session of half an hour will be in the summer when it's light later, so would expect to see them appear nearer the time.

For most Brands trackdays, especially the 'novice only' and 'road car only' events, they have instructors on hand to take you round and talk you round. IIRC when I did it it was only £25 for 20 mins or so and very useful for showing you the lines and braking points.

I'd be up for an SES trackday, especially at Brands since it's only just up the road from me :whistle:

Frenchie 04-01-2017 02:11 PM

Thanks for the info Steve and Boggissimo, will be back in the Uk around May time so will try and get a session booked up.

Scott.T 05-01-2017 09:10 PM

I have enquired about attendance on a Harwood Trackday, but spaces are limited.
I will post up a dedicated thread if anything is available.

Steve_PPP 05-01-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 232662)
I have enquired about attendance on a Harwood Trackday, but spaces are limited.
I will post up a dedicated thread if anything is available.

Thanks Scott, keep us in the loop :)

I'm still aiming to sort something around March time for a club trackday anyway, I'd like to do Bedford but i'm sure we'll get a better attendance as a club at Brands so may go with that....

NL03Scooby 06-01-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 232678)
Thanks Scott, keep us in the loop :)

I'm still aiming to sort something around March time for a club trackday anyway, I'd like to do Bedford but i'm sure we'll get a better attendance as a club at Brands so may go with that....

Really fancy Brands as have never done it, not for real at least!

Hongkongfooi 07-01-2017 02:51 PM

will be doing an evening at brands at some point soon to see how the m3 performs:norty:

Scott.T 21-03-2017 01:22 PM

I've just received a very apologetic reply from Goodwood stating they are sorry for the delay and difficulty I had in obtaining information whether Goodwood could accommodate our requirements. I'm happy to say they are open to working with us as a group on one of their weekend trackdays.
I will post more as things develop.