South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Chassis Tuning (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   MeisterR Coilover's (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=21598)

Scott.T 30-05-2016 12:12 PM

MeisterR Coilover's

Any good/bad reviews around hear there or anywhere ?

SpecB 30-05-2016 12:48 PM

They are getting very good press on UK Legacy - given a full set of Meister R's are less than just a new set of Bilsteins for the Spec B you can see the appeal! I've done a bit of research and had a good look at them but having not sen them in the flesh they look far to much like re-branded BC's for my liking.

Scott.T 30-05-2016 01:07 PM

I don't think that they are rebranded BC as the team talk about how bespoke the design is as that they have supplied some serious companies.
Too many good reviews too compared to BC's.

SpecB 30-05-2016 03:10 PM

I understood they were the same factory but with bespoke valving and spring rates to give a softer feel. My concern is the quality of the materials - My BC's look like crap after 4 years or so with lots of corrosion & rust and the cars barely been used over that time.

Sti mayhew 30-05-2016 07:03 PM

I have these on my Honda S2000, they are superb, meister r zeta r have pillowball top mounts and 32 dampening settings. I've never had a better set of coilovers and I've had a few sets! Brilliant bang for the buck would definitely have them again without a doubt.

Only one down side, keep bloody playing with them to get them set how you want it!

Scott.T 30-05-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sti mayhew (Post 226224)
I have these on my Honda S2000, they are superb, meister r zeta r have pillowball top mounts and 32 dampening settings. I've never had a better set of coilovers and I've had a few sets! Brilliant bang for the buck would definitely have them again without a doubt.

Only one down side, keep bloody playing with them to get them set how you want it!

How are they looking for corosion

Granby 30-05-2016 08:30 PM

In Dagenham dustbin world they are regarded as one of the best coilovers for the Fiesta ST, but i haven't heard how they are for corrosion

Sti mayhew 02-06-2016 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 226225)
How are they looking for corosion

They were perfect but it did live in the garage to be fair

boggissimo 06-06-2016 02:20 PM

I picked up a set of these for my wagon a week or so ago, following quite a lot of rummaging on the net and some fairly useful discussion on scoobynet (believe it or not!). Haven't fitted them yet but aim to do so in the next few weeks, to replace the crashy and noisy used HSDs I had fitted last autumn, to much dislike from SWMBO.

From what I've read online, they are better than BCs for a similar price.

boggissimo 27-06-2016 12:07 PM

First impressions of the MeisterRs are very good. I've only done one journey to work and back so far, having set them to 10 clicks from softest all round (32 clicks is the full range). They are much more comfortable than the HSDs that were removed, and ride nicely. Haven't had a geo setup yet nor driven far without traffic, so can't really comment on their performance further than that.

boggissimo 09-07-2016 10:29 AM

First drive this morning with the missus on board, and she gave it the thumbs up! Getting the geo alignment done now, will see what difference it makes

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

drakesnow 14-07-2016 01:12 PM

As above have heard great things and had chats with Edwin / Jerrick about them.
I think they are one of the best you can get for the money right now.