South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Nurburgring Video's (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Close Encounters... (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=18857)

tbtstt 01-09-2014 11:17 AM

Close Encounters...

...of the Porsche kind:

http://youtu.be/KpTkJcM5yL4

:-o

Granby 01-09-2014 11:29 AM

kin ell :-o, but then they just carry on?

oldskool 01-09-2014 11:54 AM

Wow !!

Steve_PPP 01-09-2014 07:28 PM

Ouch!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granby (Post 195429)
kin ell :-o, but then they just carry on?

Difficult decision to make in a split second.... i certainly wouldn't park around the bend at Schwedenkruez knowing that the Porsche has probably dumped fluids/debris right across the racing line mid-corner. I would be more worried about getting wiped out myself I'm afraid. Elsewhere on the circuit, maybe.... but not there.

Hope everyone was ok.

Anger 01-09-2014 08:52 PM

Why does he move from the right to the left giving the Porsche little room and what I suppose lead to it crashing

Ginola 01-09-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 195458)
Why does he move from the right to the left giving the Porsche little room and what I suppose lead to it crashing

+1
That is what I had thought..

MIDLIFE 02-09-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginola (Post 195462)
+1
That is what I had thought..

I agree I don't think he saw the porcshe and wandered into it's path, would look different filmed from the porcshe.

Steve_PPP 02-09-2014 08:56 AM

I'm not sure he wandered far enough to have caused the accident. The track kinks slightly to the right as it goes over the crest, so you wouldn't expect to car on the right to be able to stick to the white line. It looks to me like the Porsche has gone over the crest too fast (thinking he'll pass on the inside to Schwedenkreuz) and tried to adjust the direction of the car whilst the rear is light from the crest. Someone in the Porsche commented on youtube to say it was caused by the left rear wheel going onto the grass. Sounds like no significant injuries though, just a big bill!

scooby doo 02-09-2014 10:58 AM

Have you seen the link the guys put to the three scoobs neally spanking them on same corner?
Got to be s'net members or local club as all mates in sti's (very lucky)

P.s getting nervious as 4days till I go lol

Anger 02-09-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 195485)
I'm not sure he wandered far enough to have caused the accident. The track kinks slightly to the right as it goes over the crest, so you wouldn't expect to car on the right to be able to stick to the white line. It looks to me like the Porsche has gone over the crest too fast (thinking he'll pass on the inside to Schwedenkreuz) and tried to adjust the direction of the car whilst the rear is light from the crest. Someone in the Porsche commented on youtube to say it was caused by the left rear wheel going onto the grass. Sounds like no significant injuries though, just a big bill!

Steve you know how fast the track is there and the max speed for Busa is 120mph, he should have stayed well out of the way

Steve_PPP 02-09-2014 12:58 PM

Certainly do mate, but without seeing footage from the porsche we'll never know for sure.

It just looks to me like the Busa hasn't moved far enough left to be responsible for the accident. I'd guess that the Porsche was also trying to stay as far right as possible whilst passing to open up the turn in of the next corner. In which case he put himself in a risky position as the car in front will always creep to the left over that crest imo....

I'm normally firmly in the camp of the faster drivers not always getting the blame (people should watch their sodding mirrors :lol: ) but in this case i'm not sure the Busa driver could have done much else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby doo (Post 195496)
Have you seen the link the guys put to the three scoobs neally spanking them on same corner?

Different part of the circuit but those guys are members on scoobynet.

Have a good trip, stay safe ;)

Ginola 03-09-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby doo (Post 195496)

P.s getting nervious as 4days till I go lol

Different day, different accident, about 6 miles further round the track.

Enjoy yourself fella :) you will have a great time just take it steady and keep watching those mirrors ;)