South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Recommended services (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Southern Motor Developments (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=3379)

worzel 25-01-2010 08:42 AM

Southern Motor Developments

Southern Motor Developments and garage services.

(from: Stig This)
Fast, friendly, and excellent rates. I have used Brent now a few times and every time he has been soooo helpfull. Wot a top man he really knows his stuff. He used to work at GTart in lewes but now started up on his own, I can't recommend Brent enuff, good luck mate all the best

S.M.D

.servicing
.repairs
.auto diagnostics
.car modifications
.MOT`s
.welding

07793 123 009 / 01273 611746
the old cement works,
South Heighton, Newhaven
BN9 0HS

stig this 08-02-2010 08:05 PM

check out brents aka "broadside brenda" project........ ;) My 600bhp type R project. i told ya he knows his stuff lol

Frenchie 12-08-2010 08:02 PM

I've used Brent several times now and would never use anyone else.Top quality work and a nice bloke.

Steve_PPP 12-08-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 58542)
I've used Brent several times now and would never use anyone else.Top quality work and a nice bloke.

I'd echo that :doubleup:

Lucky 14-09-2010 01:21 PM

Big thanks to Brent - SMD

Had the car serviced and MOT'd with Brent yesterday, and what a first class service. Explained everything, sorted my gauges, which actually work properly now!, and left the car immaculate including cleaning the engine bay. I will be using him from now on for our cars.:doubleup:

Lucky 14-09-2010 09:04 PM

Oh, and he's now a dealer for tein which could be useful!.

Hongkongfooi 05-11-2010 02:54 PM

Brent did another fantastic job yesterday on fitting my ast's and set up....and sorted my brakes which were needing looking at.
Top job that man!:doubleup:

Lucky 26-11-2010 05:22 PM

Another big thanks to the guys at SMD. Fitted my discs, pads, lines and springs together with a full geo set up and the difference is incrediblle. Also serviced/MOT'd, discs and pads on my business partners RR sport,ouch :shock: , but again fantastic job and about half the price of dealers.

Cheers chaps :doubleup:

BIG"E" 26-11-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 67493)
Another big thanks to the guys at SMD. Fitted my discs, pads, :doubleup:

So what discs and pads did you go for?

Steve_PPP 26-11-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Another big thanks to the guys at SMD. Fitted my discs, pads, lines and springs together with a full geo set up and the difference is incrediblle.

Brent replaced my STI springs with Prodrives too, was surprised at the difference as well!

Did you get a clean and shiny engine bay too? Nice little extra touch :ok:

Hongkongfooi 26-11-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Another big thanks to the guys at SMD. Fitted my discs, pads, lines and springs together with a full geo set up and the difference is incrediblle. Also serviced/MOT'd, discs and pads on my business partners RR sport,ouch :shock: , but again fantastic job and about half the price of dealers.

Cheers chaps :doubleup:

pleased with the new bits then steve?

Lucky 26-11-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 67497)
So what discs and pads did you go for?

PF discs, EBC bluestuff pads and HEL braided lines. Bearing in mind the pads arent bedded in there is a massive difference between old and new. Really pleased.

Lucky 26-11-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 67504)
Brent replaced my STI springs with Prodrives too, was surprised at the difference as well!

Did you get a clean and shiny engine bay too? Nice little extra touch :ok:

Massive difference steve. The biggest problem mine had was a bouncy rear end at speed (ooh err), but the prodrive springs, whilst being firmer, seem to be alot more stable, comfortable and predictable. Also it now sits as it should and hasnt got the huge gap between the wheel and arch. He did the engine bay when it was serviced last month :doubleup: Aiming to get out at the weekend, clay, polish and seal it and then i'll get some pics up. Also got the gauges done in an ati pod now.

Lucky 26-11-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi (Post 67510)
pleased with the new bits then steve?

Fantastic tim, cheers for the springs and discs!. Well happy with the way the car looks now, and the brakes are on a different planet now. God knows how yours must feel now tho with those monsters:worthy:

bigemp 24-02-2011 08:39 PM

great service,kept me well informed with what the problem was and what was happening plus a friendly guy,top quality service:doubleup:

BIG"E" 24-02-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigemp (Post 76231)
great service,kept me well informed with what the problem was and what was happening plus a friendly guy,top quality service:doubleup:

Well what is the problem??

Just seen the answer on another thread.
Glad its sorted.

bigemp 26-02-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 76236)
Well what is the problem??

Just seen the answer on another thread.
Glad its sorted.

thanks me 2 :grin:

Dilligaf 07-03-2011 10:51 PM

After being ignored by another recomended mechanic on this forum I popped into Brent today on my way home for some prices and was very impressed, known him from years ago via GT Art when he worked on one of my cars briefly. Also just realised I had a lift in his 3dr back when it was a road car lol!

He was brilliant help and very well priced, also I turned up with a major problem that I had lost all boost and had smoke on the way home! 5 min later he had fixed it!! Brilliant service, I will now be recomending him for any / all services to anyone who asks!

SpecB 26-03-2011 11:13 AM

Excellent service from Brent & Luke - even with all the fiddling about as the bits were not all as compatible as they were supposed to be. Excellent attention to detail and customer service second none.

harvey05 28-03-2011 11:46 PM

got some bits from brent today spot on

impreza27 13-05-2011 07:57 PM

A big thank you to brent today for doing my clutch thanks mate, your project scooby looks wicked.:10:

SpecB 14-05-2011 06:15 AM

Cheers for sorting the oil cooler, engine mounts and rear brakes for me - all looks great and a really neat job of the oil cooler.