South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Show 'N' Shine (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   snow foam (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=12058)

C. J. 09-11-2011 01:32 PM

snow foam

where would people recommend to get it from and which brands to or not to use ?

worzel 09-11-2011 02:16 PM

There are lots of places to buy it Chris.

I would recommend that you go for a neutral PH one though. I would recommend this one personally.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_500.html

Take into the equation that you need a lance to stick on the end of the jet washer.

:tw:

WRX_Paul 09-11-2011 02:21 PM

I use the normal snow foam but will get the one Steve recommends above next.
Not only does it work but it is also awesome fun!! I love peoples faces when they are watching me snow foaming the car! like, WTF is he doing...

thepieman 09-11-2011 02:25 PM

Theres loads out there Chris:shock:

As an all rounder thats probably safest for the enthusiasts extra wash stage, the Valet Pro PH Neutral is a good one to go for and would be my recomendation for you:ok:

The 'citrus' pre-washes are good and whilst 'most' are safe on the LSP, they will strip more if not all of the LSP if used in too heavy a dillution:shock: They are generaly better cleaners than a 'normal' snow foam though:ok: Citrus Pre Wash

If your not too bothered by the 'foam' itself (not as 'foamy' as others out there), the BiltHamber Auto-Foam is a very very good cleaner:ok: but would not recommend for regular washes as its very dependant on getting the dilution rates correct....

I take it you have a foam lance?

C. J. 09-11-2011 02:37 PM

Yes have a lance , I asked as there are so many and if people found one that works it saves me trying a load to find one that works :)

SpecB 09-11-2011 06:51 PM

I just use Megs Hyper Wash with a dash of Gold Class works fine for me.

Lucky 09-11-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 109974)
I just use Megs Hyper Wash with a dash of Gold Class works fine for me.

Likewise :polish:

Nige 09-11-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 109938)
where would people recommend to get it from and which brands to or not to use ?

Oh! No not you to! Your joining the cleaning bunny's :lol:

C. J. 09-11-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 109978)
Oh! No not you to! Your joining the cleaning bunny's :lol:

No just a soap and rinse is all I'm doing

SpecB 10-11-2011 06:31 AM

That's the main thing I use it for - if the cars reasonably clean just a good foam then rinse pretty much sorts it.

AndyWRX 10-11-2011 05:01 PM

i get all my stuff from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

Scott.T 10-11-2011 05:24 PM

Adding a shot of Meguiars Gold Class shampoo with the Snow foam or a large shot of any cheap car shampoo's you get for Birthday or Christmas (good way to get rid or them) helps to give the foam a bit of extra Oomph......

(makes a change from using the Christmas/Birthday car care gift packs on the garage door or house windows ;))

SpecB 10-11-2011 05:45 PM

I get all my stuff from Polished bliss

worzel 10-11-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyWRX (Post 110041)
i get all my stuff from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

CYC is a cracking site :ok:

Are you keeping an eye open for their "daily specials" at the moment Andy? I have picked up some bargains recently :nod:

Nige 10-11-2011 06:20 PM

I get all my stuff from Fairy & polish from the yearly fat red guy.:rally:

Bolesroor 10-11-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 110048)
I get all my stuff from Polished bliss

+1 :doubleup:

AndyWRX 11-11-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 110050)
CYC is a cracking site :ok:

Are you keeping an eye open for their "daily specials" at the moment Andy? I have picked up some bargains recently :nod:

i have indeed, going to be placing a rather large order soon for some supplys and a new machine, the g220 still works a treat and has been good to me for many years but its getting on abit so time for a new me thinks lol also going to be ordering some "special" wax thats going to hit the wallet quite abit :-( but will all be worth it in the end :-) also got some detailing plans for next year too :polish: :ninja:

worzel 11-11-2011 02:30 PM

It amazes me how easy it is to spend money on supplies. Especially wax, man there's some good choices out there. I just treated myself to a pot of Swissvax Mirage, which although is not in the realms of "super Expensive" waxes, costs plenty. And it is a cracking wax for the money. We used Mirage on the Lambo.

Plans hey :polish: :ninja: :norty: :ninja: :polish:

DukeBoy 11-11-2011 07:15 PM

Only got the cheap stuff then Steve, maybe next time you could treat yourself to the Swissvax Devine Personal Hand Blended Wax.

worzel 13-11-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeBoy (Post 110152)
Only got the cheap stuff then Steve, maybe next time you could treat yourself to the Swissvax Devine Personal Hand Blended Wax.

I would love to have a drop of that. But that is a hefty old price tag to justify right now.

I have my eye on a few of the signature waxes and hope to get hold of one in the new year :norty:

Something like the Paul Dalton Crystal Rock. :cool:

AndyWRX 14-11-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 110126)
Plans hey :polish: :ninja: :norty: :ninja: :polish:

oh yes lol cant wait till the new year!!! going to be setting up my new fb page in a couple of days and hopefully will be taking on a car that makes me cringe lol, but its definatly gonna be a challange. Nothing special its a red mr2 turbo but its used as a daily driver thats virtually never been washed and is coverd in green algee :-( every panel is faded to pink and some of the pannels are gonna need wet sanding :-(

worzel 15-11-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyWRX (Post 110407)
oh yes lol cant wait till the new year!!! going to be setting up my new fb page in a couple of days and hopefully will be taking on a car that makes me cringe lol, but its definatly gonna be a challange. Nothing special its a red mr2 turbo but its used as a daily driver thats virtually never been washed and is coverd in green algee :-( every panel is faded to pink and some of the pannels are gonna need wet sanding :-(

Brilliant stuff mate, I'm sure the FB page will take off :ok:

Faded red MR2 :zoiks: Mate, that will be a test for sure. However, if the results come out as I Imagine they will (having seen your work many times) it will look absolutely stunning :cool:

What's your plan of attack?

AndyWRX 19-11-2011 11:59 AM

Ive allways wanted to try a real dog of a car, most of the cars ive done have been mates cars that have been looked after but need abit of tlc, but this is one thats bordering on the verge of a complete respray!

wont really know what sort of plan im gonna need but from what ive seen and felt its gonna need the usual snow, clay and numeorus amount of cutting pads, might even have to go as far as wet sanding the entire car!!!