South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Site Problems / Suggestions or Questions (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   One for the mods.. (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=22606)

munk 18-05-2017 08:56 PM

One for the mods..

Could we add a "like" "thumbs up" button on peoples comments, i browse through other forums alot and a fair few seem to have this available, just makes life that bit easier when your randomly browsing and something floats your boat so to speak. :ok:

MIDLIFE 19-05-2017 05:19 PM

:ok:

C. J. 19-05-2017 05:45 PM

Asked before and had the answer "no"

munk 19-05-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 237901)
Asked before and had the answer "no"

oh really, wonder why?? just seems like good idea to me, theres always comments i see that i think are worthy of a simple "like":-D:angst:

Scott.T 19-05-2017 06:26 PM

I believe it's not supported by Vbulletin

Banstead Stig 19-05-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 237903)
I believe it's not supported by Vbulletin

It is, just not the version SES uses.

If I were you, I'd be wary of the version that does have it if the Surrey Scoobies experience was anything to go by. It may be available other than on the cloud service though.

Worth picking up with vBulletin in my opinion.

munk 20-05-2017 08:42 AM

:ok:

tbtstt 22-05-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banstead Stig (Post 237907)
If I were you, I'd be wary of the version that does have it if the Surrey Scoobies experience was anything to go by. It may be available other than on the cloud service though.

^ That. Having seen the "new and improved" version in action, I'd take the version that SES is currently running in a heartbeat.

Steve_PPP 24-05-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbtstt (Post 237930)
^ That. Having seen the "new and improved" version in action, I'd take the version that SES is currently running in a heartbeat.

Yep. vBulletin 3.8.x was the sweet spot in terms of features/functionality. Hence we're still here, along with thousands of other bulletin boards that didn't want to upgrade to the 'new and (not) improved' versions ;)

Whilst some features like a 'like' button aren't there, its generally a better experience than the newer versions.

munk 25-05-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 238000)
Yep. vBulletin 3.8.x was the sweet spot in terms of features/functionality. Hence we're still here, along with thousands of other bulletin boards that didn't want to upgrade to the 'new and (not) improved' versions ;)

Whilst some features like a 'like' button aren't there, its generally a better experience than the newer versions.

really wanted to like this comment steve:mrgreen:

fair play i now understand why.:ok:

Steve_PPP 26-05-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munk (Post 238098)
really wanted to like this comment steve:mrgreen:

:lol:

There may come a day when our hand is forced (e.g. if a massive bug/vulnerability is discovered and exploited that is only patched in the newer versions...) but for now, we'll stay where we are. :)

Lucky 26-05-2017 01:14 PM

Have to say that I have been floating around on a few other forums recently and none of them are as user friendly as this site. Granted some of the features are good, but makes you appreciate what you have :ok:

Feel free to like this post if ....................... oh, :getmecoat: