South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Chassis Tuning (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Geo set up on classic (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=14357)

Crowman 12-06-2012 06:59 PM

Geo set up on classic

Hi all
General question for you

Where do you get your geo done?

Have been chatting to a few people about geo set up , once mine is back together , about 2014 :-) I will be going up to RCM , just my personal preference .
But what companies do it in the south of england , have you used them and what was your experience .

Thanks all

C. J. 12-06-2012 07:23 PM

Do it myself now and very happy with the results , takes some time but it's satisfying to say you did it :)
Used smg , gatwick & jimmy and would say jimmy was the best set up that I have paid for , with gatwick next

Crowman 12-06-2012 07:41 PM

Chris
Thanks for reply
Do you play with toe as well as camber

Wouldn't you be interested to get yours done on a laser system and see what sort of differences there are .
I wonder if you ate getting accurate settings .
I know your well happy with your own work and your recent track performance is a testimont to your work .

C. J. 12-06-2012 07:52 PM

Yes do toe and camber plus caster
Don't see the point other than giving someone else my settings which I change depending on conditions and found with trail and error .
Plus string and gravity dont need calibrating .
How many wrc / touring teams use lasers ?

Crowman 12-06-2012 09:21 PM

I would havrme thought all WRC and touring teams use clever laser set ups.

majorscooby 12-06-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 136493)
Do it myself now and very happy with the results , takes some time but it's satisfying to say you did it :)
Used smg , gatwick & jimmy and would say jimmy was the best set up that I have paid for , with gatwick next

Who's is jimmy C.j ?

Anger 12-06-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majorscooby (Post 136515)
Who's is jimmy C.j ?

Ask Nige, Gimp and a few others lol

Crowman 12-06-2012 10:20 PM

Nige always said Jimmy set his car up fantastically .
Won't mention any of the other stuff :-)

C. J. 13-06-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 136511)
I would havrme thought all WRC and touring teams use clever laser set ups.

They still use string & a ruler
As for jimmy the thread is about geo nothing else

majorscooby 13-06-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 136526)
Ask Nige, Gimp and a few others lol

Where was yours set up James after you had your spring issues before Germany.

I would like to get it done by laser so I know its right, but I am finding it very strange there is no one company in the south that a group of people can recommend with a simple answer, after all there is a shed Load of scoobs that have Been lowered and tweaked around our neck of the woods.

Contacted greenwood racing yesterday but just waiting to hear if they can do a weekend appointment. anybody else used them?

So many of you guys state RCM and yes they are awesome but if I'm honest I don't want to drive all that way just for a geo set up.

C. J. 13-06-2012 08:29 AM

James had his done by stew at Tfs

Bolesroor 13-06-2012 08:38 AM

Had mine done at Carnetix in April. They are not close by (Melton Morbray :shock:!) but like many of you who use RCM I`ve been so impressed by Glen and Becky`s set-up and customer service that I can`t see me using anyone else at the moment.

Becky was even talking to `Ollie Clark` the day I was there so in very good company :ok:

I will post up some pics later but they use a John Bean laser system, had me in the car for over 90 minutes as `ballast` "my weight would alter the results" and it did :-D

I know nothing about most things and I`m sure there are many ways to have this done but so far I have been very pleassed with how the car feels:doubleup:
Pics to follow........

majorscooby 13-06-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 136551)
James had his done by stew at Tfs

Thanks Chris I'll check them out. Simples.

thepieman 13-06-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majorscooby (Post 136549)
So many of you guys state RCM and yes they are awesome but if I'm honest I don't want to drive all that way just for a geo set up.

You know why we go though:ok: and both mine and Steve's were completely different on the drive home:drive:

Its a shame Sumo have shut its doors because they have done a great job for people in the past:sad: and as Martyn found out, they were so much better than Power Station!!

James @ GRD should see you ok for someone a bit closer to home:ok: heard good things too.

or pop round and see C.J. :ok: sorted.....

majorscooby 13-06-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePieman (Post 136575)
You know why we go though:ok: and both mine and Steve's were completely different on the drive home:drive:

Its a shame Sumo have shut its doors because they have done a great job for people in the past:sad: and as Martyn found out, they were so much better than Power Station!!

James @ GRD should see you ok for someone a bit closer to home:ok: heard good things too.

or pop round and see C.J. :ok: sorted.....

I could very well pop over to Chris and have no doubt it will handle better after he has fettled with it but what are the correct setting/figures for a fast road set up and how accurate can you be without a laser?

I have emailed James at GRD and they are doing geo this afternoon but I really need a sat to get it done. Waiting to hear back if this is poss. If not ill give TFS a shout. GRD want £100 to do the front with £25 for each rear side adjustment.
Sound a lot ???

C. J. 13-06-2012 11:34 AM

Happy to do it
As how accurate , just as .
Road & track would want different settings .
Track setting on the road is not nice driving slowly the same as road settings on track feel pants compaired to track settings . If you want to do both adjustable top mounts front and back is a must

AndyWRX 13-06-2012 11:58 AM

Got to get mine done too after the coily's are fitted ;-)

Granby 13-06-2012 01:06 PM

What about elite in Rainham Essex

BIG"E" 13-06-2012 05:11 PM

I recently had mine done at Chris Langleys (St. Leonards) he has a full laser set up available,

He was alot cheaper than the figures mentioned above,

I did mention that I was a member on here,

He said that he would be prepared to do a geo day (on a Saturday) but obviously would depend on numbers interested.