South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Regional Club Meets (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Rolling Road Day (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=4878)

2-jaffacake-tone 06-06-2010 10:32 PM

Rolling Road Day

Whos up for a rolling raod day at surrey rolling road? need to get an idea on numbers we are penciled in for the 14th of august,
theres a max of 25 cars if we have over 15 then its £35 each

dont forget its not just a power thing, also will tell you if your car is fueling right,boosting right etc

http://www.surreyrollingroad.co.uk/

1. jaffa

Steve_PPP 06-06-2010 10:42 PM

hi tone,

A few of us were chatting with jimmy from JRM whilst over in germany and we were talking about holding a rolling road day over at Sumo.

Would work out roughly the same price as Surrey i think - initially think sometime in July or August as well for booking it. I just haven't got round to starting a thread up before you posted this so unfortunate timing :tumbleweed:

Happy to organise the Sumo one, but if people want to keep going to Surrey then i'll go with the majority....

2-jaffacake-tone 06-06-2010 11:10 PM

arr i would rather use sumo as its closer, but for the people you have used surrey then to use a diffrent rollers would mean nothing,, on the other hand if we use sumo from now on then then the next time they will :)

as i say i dont mind where we have one , i have a a couple of cars need doing, an we havnt had one in a while, iv said to charlie i will let him know mid week so if people can let me know soon as poss if theres any intrest :)

666subaru 07-06-2010 02:13 AM

Count us in for which ever you decide, not fussed.:doubleup:

Mortster 07-06-2010 07:11 AM

Im in too, Sumo closer, but dont mind which one.

BIG"E" 07-06-2010 07:25 AM

I would be interested in the JRM rollers.

When you look at the facilities they have there, everything is brand new and state of the art.

You can be assured any results will be accurate as the rollers recently been calibrated, no extra loading is put on your suspension and the fan they have is speed related to the speed of the rollers giving a realistic road test.:ok:

Hongkongfooi 07-06-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 51459)
I would be interested in the JRM rollers.

When you look at the facilities they have there, everything is brand new and state of the art.

You can be assured any results will be accurate as the rollers recently been calibrated, no extra loading is put on your suspension and the fan they have is speed related to the speed of the rollers giving a realistic road test.:ok:

and the toilets look like they have been cleaned this side of the turn of the century!;-)

Scottie :) 07-06-2010 12:23 PM

Id would be for this. JRM preferably for me.

RobEvo5 07-06-2010 12:50 PM

And Me for Sumo. No idea what I'll be driving by then, but I'd chuck whatever I have on at Sumo just for the crack of it.

worzel 07-06-2010 01:30 PM

I'd be up for a bit of this :cool:

Scott.T 07-06-2010 01:31 PM

If going to Sumo, we would need to check what power figures we get i.e ATW or At Flywheel.

The Subaru community always quote flywheel figures, whereas Nissan GTR lot tend to use ATW.
At Flywheel would be preferred, otherwise you may be dissapointed in the numbers.

Chunk 07-06-2010 04:02 PM

May be interested in i get the Kompressors air leak sorted in time

Presume i would be last being RWD?

trickie78 07-06-2010 08:14 PM

i could be up for this,be interesting to see how shes running and what.

BIG"E" 18-06-2010 07:15 AM

Any one else interested ???

The guy at JRMs that will be doing the rolling road is one of the top engine builders in the country.

When you see Niges Evo go you will understand why..:yeah:

The more people we get to go on the rollers the cheaper it will be for everyone.

Steve_PPP 18-06-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 52776)
Any one else interested ???

The guy at JRMs that will be doing the rolling road is one of the top engine builders in the country.

When you see Niges Evo go you will understand why..:yeah:

The more people we get to go on the rollers the cheaper it will be for everyone.

Hi Ian,

I'll be starting a new thread for the Rolling Road Day at JRM once i've spoken to Jimmy and got a confirmed date.

That way everyone will one whether or not they'll be able to make it :)

Lucky 18-06-2010 09:36 AM

Glad this has cropped up again as I was speaking to Jimmy about this a couple of days ago. They are keen to put it on for us and looking at thier facilities, I think it would be a good day out. So, I for one am in!!

loony toon 20-06-2010 08:44 PM

Is there a list for this as KentScoobies have got 13 people for a RR day which im going to book tommorow for the 21st :wink: Not sure if you want to join forces so to speak ???

Steve_PPP 20-06-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loony toon (Post 52970)
Is there a list for this as KentScoobies have got 13 people for a RR day which im going to book tommorow for the 21st :wink: Not sure if you want to join forces so to speak ???

hi :wave:

are you booking SRR or JRM/Sumo? Based on the feedback i've had on here, we're looking at JRM. Not sure if the initial date of the 14th August that Jaffa posted up at SRR is still going ahead now.

loony toon 21-06-2010 10:33 AM

We will be doing SRR because the first date they have free is the 21st August :yeah:

Going to book it later on today

our linky os here

http://www.kentscoobies.com/showthre...?t=1202&page=5

cheers

tony

loony toon 21-06-2010 05:38 PM

Right we have now booked for the 21st august so if you want to feel free to come along to our rolling road day :more:

You can find it at

http://www.kentscoobies.com/showthre...?t=1202&page=5

all the best

Tony

Jolly Green Monster 23-06-2010 04:11 PM

At a wedding that day so cant make it

mrchips 23-06-2010 11:12 PM

So whats actually going on now, are we going with Kent crew? Or still going to Sumo, getting confusing now as haven't been on here much.

Steve_PPP 24-06-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrchips (Post 53326)
So whats actually going on now, are we going with Kent crew? Or still going to Sumo, getting confusing now as haven't been on here much.

Kent have their day booked at SRR, but we'll still be organising a day with Sumo in the very near future :)

mrchips 24-06-2010 10:59 PM

Ok cool.
Might be going for a map tweek on monday, so will be getting a dyno result from SRR.

Thats if i can make it, HA

SpecB 25-06-2010 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 53344)
Kent have their day booked at SRR, but we'll still be organising a day with Sumo in the very near future :)

Can we make it the medium term future - be good to get mine on the R/Road once it's sorted.

C. J. 25-06-2010 08:43 AM

would suggest september as a good month as people will be going away over the summer holidays , and yes will come along to compair to ssr . will be going straight up to charlies for same day like for like on the weather conditions

Jolly Green Monster 25-06-2010 10:42 AM

What make of dyno do sumo have?

2-jaffacake-tone 25-06-2010 11:53 AM

its a superflow one si.

Jolly Green Monster 25-06-2010 12:47 PM

hhhmmmmm

C. J. 25-06-2010 12:55 PM

Charlie prodiction is 20 to 25 bhp over his !

Brad Wrx 25-06-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 53584)
Charlie prodiction is 20 to 25 bhp over his !

Sweet I know of people who must use it then lol

Nige 26-06-2010 03:39 PM

Well we all know R&R figures somtimes dont compare when on the road. I dont want to get involved with who has the better R&R. I do know of some people that have been disapointed when on JR Motorsports R&R. One R&R had told this guy with a RS mk2 Focus that his car was 380bhp with sheets to prove On the R&R @ JR Motorsport it made 320bhp only 15bhp up on std. That was after spending £3300. There own drift car was sold to them running 580bhp approx when on the R&R it made 360bhp big disapointment. There rally cars & the Gt cars have to be a certain bhp for compitition use ie they need to produce the max there allowed. If they over read then there down on power to there competition. Im a little suprised @ Charlie saying the figures may be up by 25bhp that makes my figures well down on some of the Scoobs that went to the Ring :drive:

simonairheadz 27-06-2010 07:53 PM

rolling road power means nothing nige!25 bhp difference aint going to make you lose sleep (or shouldnt anyway)
people with fast cars allways believe they are driving gods!(allthough they would never ever admit it)
handling is everything!ive been lucky enough to drive some awesome cars,the most sorted and fun was a caterham only running 170 bhp at brands,i drove it all afternoon and it embarressed many supercars(all whose owners talked with their cocks out when comparing bhp)

each to their own,as far as yours being down on bhp compared to others at the ring,bhp really doesnt equal fast all the time,drivability is paramount to enjoying the experience.

AndyWRX 28-06-2010 07:51 PM

id definatly be up for it, just depends if my cars ready in time or not

Steve_PPP 28-06-2010 08:59 PM

i had a chat with JRM whilst up at Brands on Sunday, will let you know more soon.

We will be looking at a date in August or September i expect. :)

Crowman 28-06-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 53715)
Well we all know R&R figures somtimes dont compare when on the road. I dont want to get involved with who has the better R&R. I do know of some people that have been disapointed when on JR Motorsports R&R. One R&R had told this guy with a RS mk2 Focus that his car was 380bhp with sheets to prove On the R&R @ JR Motorsport it made 320bhp only 15bhp up on std. That was after spending £3300. There own drift car was sold to them running 580bhp approx when on the R&R it made 360bhp big disapointment. There rally cars & the Gt cars have to be a certain bhp for compitition use ie they need to produce the max there allowed. If they over read then there down on power to there competition. Im a little suprised @ Charlie saying the figures may be up by 25bhp that makes my figures well down on some of the Scoobs that went to the Ring :drive:

Nige your car must have had the most BHP in Germany as it was the only one which managed to turn a 2 lane road into 3 Mmmm!!!:whistle:

BIG"E" 28-06-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 53851)
i had a chat with JRM whilst up at Brands on Sunday, will let you know more soon.

We will be looking at a date in August or September i expect. :)

Did you speak to Jimmy ??

I spoke to him on the ferry on the way home from Germany.

He seemed quite keen and yes we discused rates..

Steve_PPP 28-06-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 53867)
Did you speak to Jimmy ??

Yep, will let you know more once we've sorted something.

worzel 29-06-2010 09:03 AM

Glad you are sorting this Steve :doubleup:

Simon is dead right, it's not just about power figures, it's about the way the cars set up. I would rather have less power and a set up that kept me 100% planted.

Niges car was absolutely the Mutts down in Germany, if that Evo was 55bhp down (taking into account the actuator problem @ 30bhp down as well as roller deficiency @ 25bhp down :whistle: ) then I just don't know. It just goes to show how sorted that car is. :doubleup:

Lucky 29-06-2010 09:50 AM

Just a request, can we do sept as I am away the last 2 weeks of august. If not, dont worry, but thought i'd ask.

C. J. 29-06-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 53889)
Just a request, can we do sept as I am away the last 2 weeks of august. If not, dont worry, but thought i'd ask.

me to

worzel 29-06-2010 10:01 AM

I'm away in Sept :lol:

But mine would have been fairly recently mapped and sorted on the rollers at SRR anyway, so not an issue with me :nod:

Hongkongfooi 29-06-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 53896)
I'm away in Sept :lol:

But mine would have been fairly recently mapped and sorted on the rollers at SRR anyway, so not an issue with me :nod:

Going Fmic? I will be interested how much extra horses this gives as I have Granbys FMIC in my shed waiting to be fitted!

Nige 29-06-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonairheadz (Post 53771)
rolling road power means nothing nige!25 bhp difference aint going to make you lose sleep (or shouldnt anyway)
people with fast cars allways believe they are driving gods!(allthough they would never ever admit it)
handling is everything!ive been lucky enough to drive some awesome cars,the most sorted and fun was a caterham only running 170 bhp at brands,i drove it all afternoon and it embarressed many supercars(all whose owners talked with their cocks out when comparing bhp)

each to their own,as far as yours being down on bhp compared to others at the ring,bhp really doesnt equal fast all the time,drivability is paramount to enjoying the experience.

I must be really crap at explaining things sorry. The 25bhp thing came into play when cj posted about Charlie at srr thinking the sumo r&r would read or may read 25bhp more than there own r&r. My point was if sumo's r&r read 25bhp over the top then all there competition cars must be down 25bhp to there competitors. I cant really see that happening. Anyway for people that know me bhp isn't a big part of my life i play with relatively small turbo's with a well set up engine & very very good chaises. Handling & drivability are very much at the top of my list. I'm not a straight line person. I dont advertise how much power my car make's or is ment to make. At the bottom of my page reads BUILT FOR THE TWISTYS. Hope this makes a little bit more sence now. :wink: :shark:

RobEvo5 30-08-2010 04:40 PM

Thought I would bump this, as I fancy seeing what my classic is pushing out.

But guess they must be busy as JRM wont get back to my bro who wants his forged 911 with EFI conversion dynod and motec fine tuned, but they haven't got back to emails or a phone call. But they have time to put fliers offering servicing on corsa's through my door, and advertise in national porcshe mags. Must be only interested in EVO's or overworked.

SpecB 30-08-2010 06:03 PM

I should be a Surrey somepoint in September but would be happy to do another run (or two!)

Skullfudge 31-08-2010 09:53 AM

I'm there Sept too. Wed 22nd with Jolly Green Sy

SpecB 31-08-2010 03:44 PM

May end up joining you there rather than the earlier date I have pencilled in as I may not have sorted the fuel rails in time.

Skullfudge 31-08-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Wide words & couldn't agree more.

We have been talking about this in other threads.
Toooooo many guys out there having the modifications just for the purpose of being able to say "My car is 400 Bhp " etc.

Using the power is a different ball game and as Simon remarked lower power sometime proves more effective.

worzel 01-09-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 60249)
Wide words & couldn't agree more.

We have been talking about this in other threads.
Toooooo many guys out there having the modifications just for the purpose of being able to say "My car is 400 Bhp " etc.

Using the power is a different ball game and as Simon remarked lower power sometime proves more effective.

Again, couldn't agree more.

The power is nice, to a certain degree, but IMHO it's all about set up. If it ain't planted it ain't ****.

As you may know, I am going FMIC (which I didn't really want to do) but that is not in search of more power. And whatever "cock out" figure I can get on the rollers on the day, will be wound back. I have said it 100's of times already, everything I have done is to bulletproof it, not get numbers.

The most crucial thing is knowing how to use that power. Hence the first of the Driver Training Days that we are putting on this month. I intend doing more of them too.