South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru) (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   didz car (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=14487)

ralliart didz 19-06-2012 12:18 AM

didz car

3 Attachment(s)
got my car back friday,will put some better pics up after ive given it a good clean.

ralliart didz 12-07-2012 12:58 PM

update on car,car broke down the day i got the car, gearbox playing up 12 pages of fault codes.in dealers for 2 weeks,reprogramed the gearbox and back on the road for 2 weeks,went away last weekend london/hastings and gearbox started playing up again,put on break down lorry and back to dealer.more fault codes wanted 2 reprogram it again,i said gearbox is f...ed so wont be taking it back unless i get a new one. top tech guys come back today and said yes it needs a new gearbox,which could take up too 2 months to get (£10,000+labour) so no transport till fixed.

Steve_PPP 12-07-2012 01:28 PM

Jesus, bet you're glad thats under warranty!!

At a guess, the previous owner must have known about it, cleared the fault codes and chopped it in as a part-ex....

ralliart didz 12-07-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 92708)
Jesus, bet you're glad thats under warranty!!

At a guess, the previous owner must have known about it, cleared the fault codes and chopped it in as a part-ex....

thats wot i think steve, owner or main dealer cleared faults. i extended my warranty last week because main manufactors runs out at end of this month.

thepieman 12-07-2012 02:10 PM

I'd be handing it back and getting another car:nod:

and as it was obviously a fault on the car when you purchased it, I would be having a courtesy car whilst that one was being repaired at the very least!!

£10k+labour!! just hope you keep a warranty for the rest of your ownership....

ralliart didz 12-07-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepieman (Post 92710)
I'd be handing it back and getting another car:nod:

and as it was obviously a fault on the car when you purchased it, I would be having a courtesy car whilst that one was being repaired at the very least!!

£10k+labour!! just hope you keep a warranty for the rest of your ownership....

did think about it,but not sure how i stand. as for courtesy car they dont do them with handcontrols,so iam f...ed for 2months.

ralliart didz 28-08-2012 11:56 PM

update on car. well i got my car back last week after having a brand new tc-sst gearbox fitted and the car is like a dream,so smooth and ultra quick gear shifts.going to get the fell of the car first before i start playing with the paddle shifts.

Nige 29-08-2012 06:51 AM

Good man Didz. That gearchange when working is like a bike so quick! Enjoy mate. Two months off the road is a long time. Hope It stays reliable for you buddy. :drive:

jura11 29-08-2012 04:47 PM

Nice one Paul and as above Nige said,hope it stays reliable for you

Looking for more pics :doubleup:

Jura

ralliart didz 04-09-2012 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my new wheels and my car drove like a dream to hastings and back :yeah: