South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Nige's Evo (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=13838)

thepieman 25-04-2012 10:48 AM

Nige's Evo

Hi Everyone,

As we are sure you are aware, Nige has recently had an incident in his Evo.

Could everyone please be aware that Nige has stated that the car was travelling within the limits and that even He was surprised that the car gave way where it did. The car had recently had new tyre's fitted, which may have been the biggest contributing factor.

Whilst people will no doubt speculate on what happened, could we please ask that people do not post up their views of what may or may not have happened or indeed, what may have been the cause within the forums.

You'll all be glad to know, that Nige is ok following the incident, if understandably a little confused as to how/why it happened. He's also in limbo at the moment with regards to the outcome of any insurance claim / settlement, as the claim would have only just gone through.

As most will know, Nige is lucky enough to have the STi to keep him mobile and He is still available for the ring trip. Which is great news.

As there is an insurance claim ongoing, we feel it is best to keep things off the forums so as not to prejudice any claim / settlement . We hope you can all understand the reasons for this.

Thankyou

Skullfudge 25-04-2012 11:07 AM

I'm just glad the ol' bugger was okay and is still coming to The Ring :ok:

worzel 25-04-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 130781)

Yep, likewise.

:five:

RobEvo5 25-04-2012 11:46 AM

**** luck mate but Glad your OK Nige. Hope you get things sorted soon.

Have a very quick Classic that I'll probably be selling after the Ring, if it makes it there and back :D

SpecB 25-04-2012 02:18 PM

Hope alls well with Nige and it gets sorted ASAP.

Crowman 25-04-2012 02:36 PM

Hey, he told me he can normally do that corner at Mach 2

Ok, just a little joke

Am really pleased he is ok, and as said before truly gutted he had the accident

ralliart didz 25-04-2012 04:07 PM

yes i think we are all glad nige is ok,as a live is worth more than a peice of metal. keep smiling nige :ok:

did think of a nice bumper sticker 4 you "EVO DRIVERS DO IT IN THE WOODS" :rofl::rofl:

munk 25-04-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by didznotturbo (Post 130845)
yes i think we are all glad nige is ok,as a live is worth more than a peice of metal. keep smiling nige :ok:

did think of a nice bumper sticker 4 you "EVO DRIVERS DO IT IN THE WOODS" :rofl::rofl:

Didz... That's mint!!:yeah:

Nige 25-04-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by didznotturbo (Post 130845)

Arse :kicknuts:

ralliart didz 25-04-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 130856)
Arse :kicknuts:

sorry nige i couldnt help it :mrgreen: wot about "nige does it in the bushes" :rofl::rofl:

Kerstin 25-04-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 130781)

Me too. Looking forward to seeing you, Nige and hope you'll get sorted as soon as possible. :nod:

AndyWRX 26-04-2012 01:30 PM

As said before mate, glad your ok fella, any news on if the evo is salvagable?

i think the "EVO DRIVERS DO IT IN THE WOODS" is gonna stick now lol

Nige 26-04-2012 03:01 PM

Evo is fixable. Its just Mitsi's stupid price's that may kill it. Example the alloy bonnet is £200 cheaper than one headlight!!!! There as mad as a box of frog's :fool:

worzel 26-04-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 130989)
Evo is fixable. Its just Mitsi's stupid price's that may kill it. Example the alloy bonnet is £200 cheaper than one headlight!!!! There as mad as a box of frog's :fool:

It's bloody ridiculous mate. :brickwall:

Can't believe what you were saying yesterday about one headlight being considerably more than the other! That's just nuts mate! :cuckoo:

thepieman 26-04-2012 03:18 PM

Don't forget that you have the legal right to take your car to a garage chosen by yourself for repair.

As we all know, theres a huge difference between garage prices for any work and choosing one of your own 'could' provide you with a much cheaper repair quote than one specified by your insurer.

Whilst it will depend entirely on the insurer as to if the car is an economical repair or not, selecting the right repairer 'may' make a huge difference in deciding the outcome of the car.

Nige 26-04-2012 03:34 PM

Its where i want it at the moment. Its the same place our Ambs are repaired at. I know most of the guy's there.:wink:

Bolesroor 26-04-2012 04:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 131001)
Its where i want it at the moment. Its the same place our Ambs are repaired at. I know most of the guy's there.:wink:

If they do fix it for you Nige be careful it does`nt end up looking like this :ok:

http://www.carpages.co.uk/mitsubishi...e_06_09_03.jpg

worzel 26-04-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolesroor (Post 131015)
If they do fix it for you Nige be careful it does`nt end up looking like this :ok:

PMSL :lol:

BIG"E" 26-04-2012 05:04 PM

That could come in handy,

Fully equipped... :nod:

I will keep taking the pills though, with Tree Huger driving.:whistle:

Lazadude 26-04-2012 06:27 PM

Loving the changes, however shouldn't it be sign up to here: http://www.telegraphpoleappreciationsociety.org/?

:D

ralliart didz 26-04-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 131001)

i found a place 4 you nige its called "OAK TREE GARAGES" :rofl::rofl:

Nige 26-04-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazadude (Post 131047)
Loving the changes, however shouldn't it be sign up to here: http://www.telegraphpoleappreciationsociety.org/?

Ha! Ha! That's funny :rofl: :rofl:
:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by didznotturbo (Post 131067)
i found a place 4 you nige its called "OAK TREE GARAGES" :rofl::rofl:

Next time I see you Didz I'm putting a branch (get it) through your spokes! :lol:

worzel 26-04-2012 09:45 PM

Nige, it has to be said, not only is there some funny stuff going on, but you are taking very well :worthy:

BIG"E" 26-04-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 131092)
Nige, it has to be said, not only is there some funny stuff going on, but you are taking very well :worthy:

:agreed:

but there again he could be pissed. :lol:

Hongkongfooi 26-04-2012 10:08 PM

We can all take a 'leaf' out of his book but I could be 'barking' up the wrong tree. Sometimes we can't see the wood for.....:boom:

Scott.T 26-04-2012 10:23 PM

Nige, you should of taken a different route out to icklesham, and avoided that tree.
You know.........that lane that goes through THREE OAKS.......

I bet your also glad you didn't do the route the other way round and go through BROAD OAK.....

What garage is it at anyway........is it the one up PondsWOOD........

ralliart didz 27-04-2012 08:23 AM

love the funny comments,we have 2 help ferngully (nige):whistle: keep smiling through these sad times.

ralliart didz 27-04-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 131088)
Next time I see you Didz I'm putting a branch (get it) through your spokes! :lol:

you wood'nt wood you :rofl:

Sumo Dan 27-04-2012 10:33 AM

Glad your OK Nige.

That sort of power on the road and you only have to lose concentration for a split second for something like that to happen, Real shame mate....