South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Other Events (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   What's the plan for ROC (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=20831)

Scott.T 11-11-2015 10:24 PM

What's the plan for ROC

Those that are on Facebook may of noticed some of us are going to Race Of Champions on Saturday 21st.
I initially thought I read it started at 3pm but a recent email would suggest it's 2pm.

Now I've never been to the Olympic stadium or any stadium event for that matter, so what time would people suggest we get there.

I quite fancy a beer and some food beforehand so could meet some of you in town for 1130-1200 if anyone knows a good semi quick place to grab something.

Red Baron 11-11-2015 10:30 PM

As I said, it's right next door to Westfield Shopping Centre so loads of places to eat but guess it will be busy, otherwise there's likes of TGIs in Leicester Square or Covent Garden although they don't tend to accommodate large groups. Depends on what you want.

Scott.T 11-11-2015 10:33 PM

I was thinking Covent Garden and TGI but the service may be a bit slow and unpredictable.
Unfortunately I only know pricey restaurant in the west end or bars in the city (which will be shut on a Saturday)

Scott.T 11-11-2015 10:34 PM

We also need to consider the minors that will be with us. Not sure a cocktail bar would be their choice.

555_Si 11-11-2015 10:55 PM

I am with whatever else decides, every year i go to wembley nfl games we get to a nice chain of burger bars, i'll find out from my mate which ones they are and see if they have anything more east london.

Scott.T 11-11-2015 11:27 PM

We will be jumping off the train at London Bridge (ideally) but can also jump off at Waterloo East of charing cross if it helps. We can then get the tube over from wherever.

BIG"E" 12-11-2015 06:56 AM

Plenty of food places in and around Borough Market.

Which is a stones throw from London Bridge ?

Ginola 14-11-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 216402)
Plenty of food places in and around Borough Market.

Which is a stones throw from London Bridge ?

Brothers better half runs a fixed stall at Borough Market ;)

BIG"E" 14-11-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginola (Post 216511)
Brothers better half runs a fixed stall at Borough Market ;)

What does she sell?

SES discount? :lol:

C. J. 14-11-2015 07:32 PM

Maybe she sells sea shells on the sea shore :lol: :lol:

Ginola 14-11-2015 08:05 PM

What's the plan for ROC

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 216523)
What does she sell?

SES discount? :lol:

Spices and herbs and such :O

http://spicemountain.co.uk/

;)

The Handbrake 15-11-2015 12:02 AM

http://spicemountain.co.uk/about-us/

scotty 15-11-2015 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Handbrake (Post 216546)

Better not show louise this she loves spices :sad:

Scott.T 18-11-2015 08:35 PM

I'm dropping out now.
A combination of my wife not being happy with me taking the boys due to the recent Paris 'issues' and I'm having to support my parents on other matter's at the moment.

Not sure if E or Shane are still going, but I have 1 Adult and 2 Kids tickets if anyone wants them.

C. J. 18-11-2015 09:30 PM

That's a same
Hope you're parents are sorted out ASAP

BIG"E" 19-11-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 216694)
I'm dropping out now.
Not sure if E or Shane are still going, but I have 1 Adult and 2 Kids tickets if anyone wants them.

I have now decided not to go now,

If anyone would like my ticket please PM Scott..

Scott.T 19-11-2015 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 216696)
That's a same
Hope you're parents are sorted out ASAP

Cheers. I hope to get them moved nearer to us ASAP. Lincoln is too far away when they need help and their getting to that age now.

C. J. 19-11-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 216699)
I have now decided not to go now,

If anyone would like my ticket please PM Scott..

Shame your not going, hopefully not because of the terrorists as otherwise your letting them win . Still a few going so hopefully we can all meet up still :beer:

Banstead Stig 19-11-2015 12:52 PM

This weekend is probably the least likely time you'll get any terrorist grief in London. I walked from Victoria to Covent Garden yesterday and the amount of Police on the street and the number of vehicles in waiting is mind-blowing.

The bigger risk in my opinion will come once that presence goes back to normal and the guard is down a bit. That has to happen due to budget constraints. It's at that point that anything that is going to kick off will.

All that being said, I can understand Mrs T's viewpoint. None of the rational arguments would give any comfort if anything were to go wrong and is it worth it for a day out watching cars?

I have been in London on business this week, which is much more of a necessity. Not sure I'll be bothering with seeing the Christmas lights and the like this year though. Maybe that does mean the terrorists win, but I don't really see it that way as I am not inconvenienced enough to care!

scooby doo 19-11-2015 01:14 PM

Fully see your points , with all that's going on and the raids and the foiled plots that are coming to light ! Is the centre of London , airports etc really safe.? I know the news is going crazy and is some really true? But Belgium in my eyes is bloody close to home. And I read the news and can't believe how crazy it is. If people are willing to blow them selves up there's just such a risk ,
I saw something in the paper about they where planning another 7/7 attack. It's just horrid.

Banstead Stig 19-11-2015 01:32 PM

I must confess, I had time between appointments, so I walked yesterday rather than jumping on the underground... that probably was motivated by a bit of fear, even if at a subconscious level.

I had to get on the tube on the way home though as I didn't have time on my hands then.

BIG"E" 19-11-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. J. (Post 216708)
Shame your not going, hopefully not because of the terrorists as otherwise your letting them win . Still a few going so hopefully we can all meet up still :beer:

The fact that I'm not going has nothing to do with recent events in France..

C. J. 19-11-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 216712)
The fact that I'm not going has nothing to do with recent events in France..

Good stuff as said hopefully it wasn't.

Frenchie 20-11-2015 08:11 AM

Agree with CJ on this. Can't stop doing things,thats what these morons want.Our village has organised a coach trip to Paris to see the Christmas lights, but was struggling to fill the coach.Since the attacks the all seats are sold,including 2 brought by me.

C. J. 20-11-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenchie (Post 216738)
Agree with CJ on this. Can't stop doing things,thats what these morons want.Our village has organised a coach trip to Paris to see the Christmas lights, but was struggling to fill the coach.Since the attacks the all seats are sold,including 2 brought by me.

Glad to see :ok:

Rdlangy1 22-11-2015 12:56 PM

How was it? Watching it on sky now and half the stadium looks empty :-(