South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   Engine Management (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Couple of things ! (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=283)

C. J. 13-10-2008 07:09 PM

Couple of things !

Right had a clear up in the garage and came across a bit of boost tube with the brass restrictor !
Which tube off the three port valve should it be in :oops:
Second thing thinking about going back to OE exhaust headers to up the spool !
whats poeples thoughts for 400 bhp on OE headers :D

Scott.T 13-10-2008 08:56 PM

Re: Couple of things !

Restrictor goes between the turbo nipple and the T-piece if you are still running a 2-port.
But I expect yours may of been converted to a 3-port boost solenoid and hence the plumbing is different and doesn't require the restrictor.

Standard 2-port plumbing :
turbo to T-piece (restrctor in pipe)
T-piece to Actuator
Bottom branch or T-piece to Boost Control Solenoid
Then Boost conrol solenoid to inlet manifold (the little black elbow just to left of main induction hose).

3-port plumbing :
turbo to Boost control solenoid (top port if OE 93-96 style solenoid)
Middle Boost Control Solenoid to Actuator
Bottom Boost Control Solenoid to inlet manifold (the little black elbow just to left of main induction hose).

re : headers, ported OE should work. It may improve midrange torque but loose a little top end.

2-jaffacake-tone 15-10-2008 09:02 PM

A set of my ported headers have seen over 400bhp . not sure on spool up might be able to get a gragh if he still has it .
what size is your up pipe? maybe go smaller?

C. J. 15-10-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2-jaffacake-tone
A set of my ported headers have seen over 400bhp . not sure on spool up might be able to get a gragh if he still has it .
what size is your up pipe? maybe go smaller?

Would be good if you could get a graph :nod:
Have not got a clue whay size it is but will fimd out in a couple of weeks !
Picking a sti up pipe up on sunday and have two thoughts :ninja:
One is to port the oe headers in the garage and use the sti uppipe and the other is to cut the two bolt flange off and put a three bolt one on it and use the tubulars that are on it know :D
Any thoughts :ninja:

DukeBoy 15-10-2008 10:29 PM

What are you looking to gain from this? is it just a quicker spool you want? whats it spool at now?

C. J. 16-10-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeBoy
What are you looking to gain from this? is it just a quicker spool you want? whats it spool at now?

Yep spool as 1bar is not till 4250rpm
Happy with the power /torque to the fact that i may stay 2l and forge it up over the winter :D