South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   The Ring Zone (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   All booked in (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=7303)

worzel 01-03-2011 04:17 PM

All booked in

Just heard back From Jacqueline.

We are all booked in :yeah:

Let the good times roll :beer: :drive: :beer:

Hongkongfooi 01-03-2011 04:21 PM

All good!:chinese:

worzel 01-03-2011 04:28 PM

Does anyone know the name of the Stone Baked Steak Restaurant? I would like to get that booked this year if people are up for that? Either that or we could go back to the one on Cochem, so that Nige could be abused by the waitress again! :wife:

Rules for eating out this year though please people. It's all for one and one for all. There will be no bill splitting out or subdivision, because one person didn't have something, that someone else did. :nono:

The bill will be split excatly into however many people go for the Saturday Meal. :ok:

worzel 01-03-2011 04:35 PM

Found it! What do you think?

http://www.am-tiergarten.de/en/resta..._pistenklause/

BIG"E" 01-03-2011 04:41 PM

So to clarify,

If I wish to drive which I will be , and not drinking I will be subsidising everyone else thats drinking, if the bill is being divided equally.

Money is tight for me this year as I am sure it is for others.

Steve_PPP 01-03-2011 04:41 PM

It serves steak. We're there. :ok:

Simples!

Nige 01-03-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 76803)
So to clarify,

If I wish to drive which I will be , and not drinking I will be subsiding everyone else thats drinking, if the bill is being divided equaly.

Money is tight for me this year as I am sure it is for others.

Might be an idea for the guy's who do drive & dont drink just to sort there own bill out. Or the people who you give a lift to say 3 a car pay for the driver? It will only be aprox £10 each & i for one think thats cheap :grin:

Nige 01-03-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 76800)

Oh Yes book it mr Worzel. :wink:

Hongkongfooi 01-03-2011 05:07 PM

Didnt think the restaurant in town was that brilliant tbho so the steak place sounds good....and I will drive down on the eve we go out.:doubleup:

worzel 01-03-2011 05:21 PM

Ian, it's the same for everyone that drives. :nod:

And if I remember rightly, when you asked for the bill to be split last year, it actually worked out more expensive to do so, so we didn't in the end?

As you say, you drove last year, jump in with someone who didn't this time around. I drove last year and would like to think I could cadge a lift this year. Plus, as we all know, you pay just as much for soft drinks as you do beer. If a driver ended up more that £3.00 down I would be very surprised.

It's then a case of the passengers using their loaf and maybe sticking a beer on their tab for said driver back at the hotel.

All very simple really, or should be.

worzel 01-03-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 76810)
Oh Yes book it mr Worzel. :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi (Post 76812)
Didnt think the restaurant in town was that brilliant tbho so the steak place sounds good....and I will drive down on the eve we go out.:doubleup:

I will wait for a few more to chip in with what they think, but it looks favourable that we could get this booked.

I will have it booked in the next day or 2 according to responses. :hurrah:

Steve_PPP 01-03-2011 05:35 PM

I would prefer the steak house over the restaurant we used in Cochem last year.

And having driven last year, quite happy to get a lift with someone this time!

worzel 01-03-2011 05:48 PM

4 out of 10 :ok:

We are getting there :doubleup:

BIG"E" 01-03-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 76800)

We spoke about this place in the 1st year, last years place wasn't as good as in Ardeneau. So good call. :hurrah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 76809)
Might be an idea for the guy's who do drive & dont drink just to sort there own bill out. Or the people who you give a lift to say 3 a car pay for the driver? It will only be approx £10 each & i for one think thats cheap :grin:

Good idea Nige,
The reason mention this is because I hardly drink because of my condition (you know being :oldman: and the trouble wiv my ticker:oldman:) and to be honest Id rather drive.

worzel 01-03-2011 06:06 PM

Ian, I do understand what you mean. I really do. But it's just not the way these things are done. There were only a couple of people who had more than 2 beers last year. Like I say, the difference between soft drink and beer over the space of 2 drinks is nothing.

If there are a couple of people drinking way over the odds then they should be asked to pay for the extra beer. As a rule, we don't get on the beer until we get back to the hotel and 95% of the group won't have more than a couple of beers / drinks with their dinner. So the odd couple of drinkers will be easy to spot.

I'm sorry mate, but its a fookin nightmare trying to split bills at home, let alone in a foreign country. So no joy matey. Don't worry, it'll all work out fine, just as it did last year. :ok:

ScoobySi 01-03-2011 06:19 PM

I dont mind driving if evenyone is up to going to this place. Can take my other two passengers as arranged before (nige and james) if they want to get wellied as long as they buy me a beer later on ;):chug:

If they want to drive themselves quite happy for someone else to jump in.

Si

BIG"E" 01-03-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 76835)
Ian, I do understand what you mean. I really do. But it's just not the way these things are done. There were only a couple of people who had more than 2 beers last year. Like I say, the difference between soft drink and beer over the space of 2 drinks is nothing.

If there are a couple of people drinking way over the odds then they should be asked to pay for the extra beer. As a rule, we don't get on the beer until we get back to the hotel and 95% of the group won't have more than a couple of beers / drinks with their dinner. So the odd couple of drinkers will be easy to spot.

I'm sorry mate, but its a fookin nightmare trying to split bills at home, let alone in a foreign country. So no joy matey. Don't worry, it'll all work out fine, just as it did last year. :ok:

:agreed: :doubleup: :five:

Just had a thought the day after is the only full day on 'The Ring' and it would be good to get there early.:doubleup:

ps. No Steve or Duncan this year that will save a few euros.:nod::nod:

Remember dont mention the WAR!!:rofl:

worzel 01-03-2011 06:25 PM

So that makes 6 out of 10 if I'm correct.

Party time :yeah:

I will look into getting this booked tomorrow :ok:

worzel 01-03-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 76848)
:agreed: :doubleup: :five:

Just had a thought the day after is the only full day on 'The Ring' and it would be good to get there early.:doubleup:

ps. No Steve or Duncan this year that will save a few euros.:nod::nod:

Remember dont mention the WAR!!:rofl:

Agreed mate, Early is the shout :doubleup:

As you say, the 2 pissheads not going will make things easier :lol:

Or Bread Ovens :wink:

Crowman 01-03-2011 06:59 PM

Yarvol mine gummidge, a gud ideer ya

worzel 01-03-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowman (Post 76860)
Yarvol mine gummidge, a gud ideer ya

Donkey****e mine breadenbaker!

Anger 01-03-2011 07:05 PM

I want to drink and whoever wants to drive me.... i'll pay there bill :D

Steve_PPP 01-03-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 76848)

I'm up for a couple of laps before breakfast again this year, worked well last time! (so i won't be heavily on the beers on Saturday evening). Friday night at the hotel (when we arrive) is a different matter :chug:

worzel 01-03-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 76863)
I want to drink and whoever wants to drive me.... i'll pay there bill :D

It's what we are there for mate. :ok:

If you intend tucking in to a beer or 5 over dinner, just cover the extra beers, don't do more than that. If I an't driving I will be doing just that :beer:

worzel 01-03-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 76867)
Friday night at the hotel (when we arrive) is a different matter :chug:

I'll make sure I'm back from the track in time to Join you :chug:

Crowman 01-03-2011 07:11 PM

Slippery nipples all round

simba 01-03-2011 07:11 PM

food place sounds good mr worzel im in !!

alfa male 01-03-2011 07:49 PM

Not fair, i"ve had great enjoyment trying to drink Germany dry the last 2 years!

Just remember people if you have a skinful the night before, that if you get pulled over the following morning, i personallly wouldn't want to get fudged by a German copper and his mates!

worzel 01-03-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfa male (Post 76882)
Not fair, i"ve had great enjoyment trying to drink Germany dry the last 2 years!

Trying??? I heard they had pull in reserves from Belgium last year! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: :tequila:

SpecB 01-03-2011 08:06 PM

We're up for the steak house - believe it or not I may drive! especially if we're on track early in the morning - I have a feeling I was lucky last time on the sunday morning given the amount drunk on the sat!

Anger 01-03-2011 10:15 PM

Think i'll do the same as last year and wonder down the track later after everyone else in the morn... had a whole lap with just me and a RG Motorsport Evo last year

Steve_PPP 01-03-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 76884)
We're up for the steak house - believe it or not I may drive!

First dibs on the rear seats then :ok:

ScoobySi 01-03-2011 10:42 PM

Its been a long long time since I was last in germany, do they have those silly anti smoking laws there now (ie. no smoking inside hotels and resturants)?

Anger 01-03-2011 11:08 PM

Yep :)

ScoobySi 01-03-2011 11:17 PM

God damnit lol :getmecoat:

worzel 04-03-2011 04:34 PM

Right guys, I have sent the e-mail below to the restaurant, just waiting to hear back from them.

Good afternoon.

I am enquiring as to whether it is possible to make a booking for the restaurant?

I have a group of 26 people who are looking to eat in your restaurant on Saturday 28th May 2011.

We are all staying with Jacqueline Miller up at the Hotel Wilhelmshöhe, this is our third year with her. She can confirm our booking and deposits paid if you would like to check our credentials.

If it is possible to reserve tables (or preferably one table) for the 26 people on Saturday 28th May 2011, that would be great, we are looking to eat quite early, 7.00pm would be good, but whatever you have around that time would be great.

Could you please respond to this e-mail confirming if we can or can't book a table. If you need a deposit to book this, please let me know and I will arrange this too.

If you wanted to check who we are, you could visit our website at www.southeastscoobies.co.uk All of the details for our Germany trip can be found in the "Ring Zone" part of the website.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards

Steve Green
Administrator

South East Scoobies

Nige 04-03-2011 06:46 PM

COOL! Eat drink paint :twisted:

Anger 04-03-2011 06:54 PM

Drink Eat Drink Drink Drink Drink.... get it right Nige :D

burnt01 05-03-2011 09:24 PM

Well hopefully next year I can get my car ship shape and ready to go! Not long had it and got a long list to get done. The ring has always been the target

worzel 08-03-2011 09:30 AM

Not heard back yet, I am asking for Jacquelines assistance in this.

IIRC, Martyn had the same trouble when he tried to book it for the first year.