South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   General Pics (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Skullfudge's P1 Edited (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=13052)

worzel 14-02-2012 05:29 PM

Skullfudge's P1 Edited

I had a little tinker with one of Clive's P1 pics this afternoon.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...lfudgeEdit.jpg

Bolesroor 14-02-2012 05:34 PM

Very nice :P1: :ok:

Skullfudge 14-02-2012 05:37 PM

Something nice about colour on b&w mate.

How do you do that your end?

Twin layers saving b/g in b&w and f/g in colour ?

or

by masking then changing format ?

Nice Shoppin' mate

Krissyb 14-02-2012 05:40 PM

I love the picture .... but someone put a nasty P1 bang smack in the middle for some unknown reason :hbags:.

Looking forward to seeing the car and of course having a catch up Sunday matey

SpecB 14-02-2012 05:52 PM

Not sure how Worzel did that one but my preferred method is layer mask then de-saturate.

SUBARMAN 14-02-2012 05:53 PM

Super duper pic Steve!!!

:SMBLU::SUBARMAN:

worzel 14-02-2012 06:16 PM

Cheers chaps. :ok:

The way I did this one was:

Fists process the raw and drop into Photoshop, get the the levels, contrast, brightness right in the original, then balance the shadows and highlights. Then make a copy.

With the copy, using the Polygonal Lasso go round the edge of the car, expanded up so you can get in nice and tight. Once you have gone all round, select inverse, then select refine edge, feathering out just past the edge with a nice smooth contrast. I then hit the delete button, leaving you a mask layer of the car with a nice smoothed edge.

You then select and convert the original copy to Black & White in Silver FX Pro. Choosing something nice and moody and contrasty. You then open up the car level over the top, select the eraser, nice and small with smooth edge, then erase gently round the edge of the car, to remove the feathered edge.

Once that's done, flatten the image, make a final levels adjustment, dodge and burn as required and then add the vignette. Final flatten and job done.

About half an hour to do it properly :doubleup:

Skullfudge 14-02-2012 06:21 PM

Cool I do mine totally different lol ... thats the great thing about Shoppin'

Many ways to do the same thing.

worzel 14-02-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullfudge (Post 122165)
Cool I do mine totally different lol ... thats the great thing about Shoppin'

Many ways to do the same thing.

Exactly mate. :grin:

Bolesroor 14-02-2012 06:27 PM

:sos: Worzels post #7- What language is that in? :cry:

AndyWRX 14-02-2012 06:55 PM

Looks good as allways fella, top work :-)

fieldy 14-02-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolesroor (Post 122171)
:sos: Worzels post #7- What language is that in? :cry:

i know what you mean mate. god!!! i feel old :wave:

Skullfudge 14-02-2012 08:02 PM

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3.../BLUENIGHT.jpg

Freehand masked and saved the car.

Converted image to Greyscale.

Converted image back to RGB Colour

Pasted blue car back into a b/w RGB image.

Cloned colours and by hand mapped reflections in b/w road.

About same time as you mate

worzel 14-02-2012 08:27 PM

That is superb mate, I love it :10:

Crowman 14-02-2012 09:00 PM

Clever stuff guys

worzel 14-02-2012 09:33 PM

That picture of yours Clive is really ethereal! I love the feel of it, the more I look at it, the better it gets! Top job fella :ok:

Gavsti555 14-02-2012 09:51 PM

Liking the pics. Top job

Skullfudge 14-02-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 122218)
That picture of yours Clive is really ethereal! I love the feel of it, the more I look at it, the better it gets! Top job fella :ok:

Thanks mate :)

I often wonder if other people get that "thing" when looking at certain images.

Boris Vallejo is my favorite artist and he once said "many look but only a few see"

He was referring to an object one was drawing, but it may also mean when viewing the finished piece.

Mrs my is as artist as a Norwegian tent. She will look at my pics from a completely different perspective than I do.

She will pick colours for a room when decorating and it would be the most god awful room you have ever walked in. People would feel ill in them.

worzel 14-02-2012 10:59 PM

That comment " many look but few see" is so bloody spot on! Art in any format is only as good as the viewers or audiences Interpretation! I like to take something in once and then go back a little later to look and appreciate it for what it is! The second time of looking is when you "get" what's really going on!

Timwinner 19-02-2012 04:43 PM

I had a look and thought " awesome" I showed my wife (she's a professional photographer) and she said " that is proper amazing skill, he obviously understands how things work"
Thumbs up from the winner household!!!

worzel 19-02-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timwinner (Post 122885)
I had a look and thought " awesome" I showed my wife (she's a professional photographer) and she said " that is proper amazing skill, he obviously understands how things work"
Thumbs up from the winner household!!!

Wow, many thanks for those comments. They are really appreciated! :ok: