South East Scoobies

South East Scoobies (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/index.php)
-   General Car / Scooby Chat (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   £1.42 a liter !!!!!! (http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/vbulletinforum/showthread.php?t=7947)

wrx sti 320bhp 15-04-2011 08:28 PM

£1.42 a liter !!!!!!

:-o:-o what the hell i was paying just last week £1.36 a liter ,then the goverment give a big speach about lowering the fuel by a pennny a liter, what a load of lying twats,i bloody hate the govement all a buch of money grabing scum....
lets burn the govement down to the ground......:rant:
any way got that off my chest im going to take a chill pill now and play fonza 3 think i might take nurenburg on with out crashing....:ok:

ralliart didz 15-04-2011 09:02 PM

dont worry it will be more next week :mrgreen:

SpecB 16-04-2011 08:17 AM

£70 to fill mine and it only lasted To Brands and back!!!

Leewr416 16-04-2011 10:44 AM

Its not all the goverments fault alot of garages now are franchised owned so there winding the prices up also along with the oil companies blaming the trouble in the middle east for high prices. I bet the yanks aint paying any more for fuel

Steve_PPP 16-04-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 83704)
£70 to fill mine and it only lasted To Brands and back!!!

I used a tank going 1 way to Brands and just going round, wasn't much left in the tank when i was out with the instructor!

Not cheap this game :lol:

scooby999 16-04-2011 11:38 AM

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/en...asoline-prices

Prices are in dollars..........first time we have come second in anything

Red Baron 16-04-2011 12:34 PM

I was getting some oil for the car the other day annd coughed when the guy in the motor factors gave me the price, he then pointed out that oil prices were going up due to the problems in the middle east, I pointed out in return that it was fully synthetic oil and there wasn't actually any oil in it and he shut up :)

Nige 16-04-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 83725)
I was getting some oil for the car the other day annd coughed when the guy in the motor factors gave me the price, he then pointed out that oil prices were going up due to the problems in the middle east, I pointed out in return that it was fully synthetic oil and there wasn't actually any oil in it and he shut up :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chunk 17-04-2011 10:28 AM

Put £40 of V-Power in the Kompressor yesterday, it filled it up just over 1/4 of a tank

Getting silly price now

AndyWRX 17-04-2011 08:46 PM

Dove past my local petrol station today £1.36 for petrol and £1.42 for diesel, good job i dont have to pay for diesel in my van, but drove past another petrol station and it was £1.34 for petrol and £1.40 for diesel

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leewr416 (Post 83712)
Its not all the goverments fault alot of garages now are franchised owned so there winding the prices up also along with the oil companies blaming the trouble in the middle east for high prices. I bet the yanks aint paying any more for fuel

its mostly the governments fault, well over half the price of petrol goes in the governments pockets, the could balance it out but taking a smaller hit themselves but cant see that happening even when everything goes back to normal.

NorthDownsScooby 17-04-2011 08:59 PM

145.9 at Shell Godstone this afternoon.

No point having a retarded rant at the government though - tis the biggest Cartel in the world that is responsible - OPEC.

wrx sti 320bhp 18-04-2011 08:28 PM

hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 83725)

nice one:doubleup:

wrx sti 320bhp 18-04-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthDownsScooby (Post 83808)
145.9 at Shell Godstone this afternoon.

No point having a retarded rant at the government though - tis the biggest Cartel in the world that is responsible - OPEC.

there is apoint to rant about the govement because of the amount of tax they put on which is not in line with the rest of the world i work hard for my money and i just want a fair deal when it comes to tax,you would have to be a RETARD if you think the tax that the govement slap on is fair....

BIG"E" 18-04-2011 08:40 PM

£1.47.9 @ the Texaco on the A27 between Falmer and Lewis
for 97 ron :mad:

Ive no doubt they will be announcing record fooking profits shortly.:brickwall:

NorthDownsScooby 18-04-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrx sti 320bhp (Post 83880)
there is apoint to rant about the govement because of the amount of tax they put on which is not in line with the rest of the world i work hard for my money and i just want a fair deal when it comes to tax,you would have to be a RETARD if you think the tax that the govement slap on is fair....

Didn't say it was fair mate, but you have to look at the tax situation as a whole, not just as individual items.....otherwise you can't even begin to compare us with other countries! The thing is that most of that 'tax' money from petrol goes right back to you and me to pay for other services that we all use, and the people taking from us it aren't making a profit out of us are they.

Even the petrol station barely make much money on it. They probably make more profit from the sandwich and coke you buy in the shop than then they do from a full tank of Super !!!

The price is mainly increasing due to the oil producers deciding to limit production so that prices go up. Then they stop the cap on production and flood the market, cashing in, then the price goes back down again (oversimplification obviously).

Blame the government if you want - tis the easiest thing to do - but it's got **** all to do with them.

NorthDownsScooby 18-04-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG"E" (Post 83881)
Ive no doubt they will be announcing record fooking profits shortly.:brickwall:

Won't be from petrol sales though.:paranoid:

scooby999 19-04-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthDownsScooby (Post 8390)
. They probably make more profit from the sandwich and coke you buy in the shop than then they do from a full tank of Super !!!.

If thats the case,surely they would be better off NOT selling the fuel and becoming news agents instead!!

"Blame the government if you want - tis the easiest thing to do - but it's got **** all to do with them."
:-(
the goverment,on 1 litre of fuel we pay 60% tax ,so they are not doing too bad out of it

Peter Punter 19-04-2011 06:30 AM

There is a Bardahl product available which I import and use in all my vehicles. If it was used in every vehicle petrol and diesel consumption in the UK would fall by over 2 billion litres.

Apart from reducing fuel consumption by 5 to 15%, the side effects are more power and torque :drive:

You won't be surprised that taxi drivers are using it. :-)

NorthDownsScooby 19-04-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby999 (Post 83907)
If thats the case,surely they would be better off NOT selling the fuel and becoming news agents instead!!

Yeah but selling fuel doesn't half drag the punters in !!!!

Quote:

the goverment,on 1 litre of fuel we pay 60% tax ,so they are not doing too bad out of it
Agreed, but:
a) we get it all back
b) they take lower tax elsewhere comparitively
c) they don't exactly make a profit out of it do they.

As a driver, yeah sure I'd like to see less tax being taken on the fuel I put on my motor, but I know I'd end up paying for it elsewhere most likely.

NorthDownsScooby 19-04-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby999 (Post 83907)

Oh, and Tescos have just announced 12 month profits of £3.5 BILLION !!

simonairheadz 19-04-2011 01:09 PM

can i just say
£7.00 a pack of fags
£4.00ish a pint of beer
why the **** would the government reduce fuel costs when joe average that gripes about fuel is happy to carry on spending their hard earned on ciggies and booze at those prices????
makes £142.9 look cheap!!!!