View Single Post
Old 24-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member

Jeez, that's nearly as ugly as the Evo 8's & 9's

It's the fact that Subaru & Mitsubushi have both pulled the plug on major motorsport ie rallying.
Both companies have looked at the world market for family based cars now, as the Petrol Head % is far smaller.

Subaru do make a big point of stating that the new cars are still big performers despite there drab appearances. Most of their world ads make this point clear.

RCM chose the new model Scoob for Gobbstopper II for this reason.

Talking of RCM I have some hot news that I will share with you. I'm not putting this all over the Net as I will let the media do that in time to come but Olly Clark phoned me one evening 3 weeks ago.
He said that he had just returned from a two day conference with Subaru UK.
They basically apologised for their ignorance of RCM success and we shall be seeing a limited edition Subaru in due course baring the RCM badge. They will also be supplying parts to Subaru UK.

When I was up RCM 2 weeks ago a limo pulled in RCM's car park. The driver got out and opened both rear doors and out jumped 2 Jap guys. Olly came out to greet them "Japanese style " with a bow, then they greeted him by a hand shake.
Those two guys run Subaru Tecnica International in Japan and had flown over for a visit to the new RCM HQ.
My P1 was parked up in the car park with the bonnet up & I was inside talking to Matt Clark and we were watching the two Jap guys & Olly looking at my engine for a good 10 minutes with the two Jap guys laughing like a gooden.
When they went I asked Olly what they found so funny. The most STi have ever dealt with is 350 Bhp. They couldn't believe we use Subaru's over here that are 500 - 600 Bhp on the roads .
Olly mentioned that mine had nearly done 40,000 miles with no breakages & they found that even more exciting.