View Single Post
Old 15-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post
At Brands one year a 15 yr old boy had won a Blue Peter competition and the first prize was two laps in Steve's Metro 6R4.
Jerry (Steve's Dad) & I fitted the spare seat and belted this young guy in.
After one lap we saw Steve coming back down the pit lane. We were thinking he may of blown something in the motor but as they got closer we could Steve smiling.
Before he had even stopped the young guys face was a glowing red and he was trying to open the door but never knew how to.
We opened it and he got out, only to throw his crash helmet on the floor and go marching off.
All of this was being filmed by the BBC lol.
The car frightened the fook out the boy and of course it was never shown on TV
I guess that was one young lad who wasn't converted into a rallycross fan then! I have often stated that I'd love to get a ride in one of the Supercars, though I do wonder if I'd **** myself at the acceleration!

There is talk now that Olsberg MSE (the "works" Ford rallycross team) will be providing one of the British drivers (David Binks) a car for the 2012 season. That would be brilliant news if true as the interest in major works teams in the British series has got to be a good thing (though of course it will make it harder for some of the private competitors to compete, which obviously isn't so good).

Rallycross is arriving at X-Games at the end of this month too. They had rallycross of sorts there last year, but they look like they will be doing a much better job of it this year (i.e. it will be a proper mixed circuit layout, not just a dirt oval as it was last year). Should be interesting to watch!