View Single Post
Old 14-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Default Re: Rolling road day 14th March 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel
While I remember it, many thanks to Scott today. Made me feel a lot better about my figures.

And like Nige, the boost does drop off at around 6000 in 3rd but holds it all the way to the redline in 4th - 5th - 6th, if he had done it 4th as we thought, it may have been slightly different But, hey ho. Still feels bloody good.
Glad to help/advise, just a shame I can't adjust your map due to ECUTEK lockout. I can sort Nige's in less time then it takes to fire up the laptop but will probably leave it until the next mod/map or somewhere in Germany !!!!!

I think you have both come to the right conclusion i.e it holds boost well on the road (unlike the dyno), so just enjoy and forget the Dyno figure, just go with your road Dyno's.
They do have a tendancy to do this some times, and there are many a post on other forums where target boost on dyno is a fair bit less then on road.

Very pleased with my result today, last time was 305 and was hoping for similar or maybe 320 with the mods I have made (Silicon Induction as old OE one split, Apexi Power Intake and a touch leaner), so 335 was a real bonus. Just goes to show what a UK can do with some matched mods

Lastly thanks to Charlie at SRR and CJ for organising.