Thread: warning light??
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkey85 View Post
hi finally managed to go for my first ever drive in my bugeye wrx, heres the problem, i drove for about 45min all normal yes within the speed limit) whilst i got used to the car, then i came up to the slip road for the m25 and naturally i wanted a lil more, so put me foot down after going into 3rd the engine management light came on to which i pood it and got in the slow lane, checked owners book and its says its somthing to do with emmisions. is this right?? what should i do next, and should i be bricking it? forgot to mention im only the 3rd owner. its been serviced by subaru every year since new till a 1000m ago, and reicpts that are thicker then the bible so i know its been looked after, any suggestions?
Bugeyes are very sensitive to getting the CEL (check engine light) come on when running standard map. Mine comes on if i get near the limiter (6500-7000rpm) in 2nd, then jump off the gas to change up to 3rd. Probably had it 20 or so times in the last few years - i just reset it!

I'm not saying that its fine - as it could be a problem on your car. Only way to know 100% is to get the codes read off it. But chances are its nothing - if you want to reset the light, you can by starting then stopping the car about 4 times in the row (start car, let it run a few seconds, turn off, then start it again and repeat). It'll go off after a few times