View Single Post
Old 25-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
I'd recommend having a go on track somewhere on track before going if you want to make the best of your Ring trip. If its your first time over there, you probably won't do more than a handful of laps.

I did an evening at Brands before going to the Ring - so that i knew the car and its limits in the corners, what i could expect of the brakes (how long they took to fade!) etc. Makes sense to know all that before you go, so you don't waste your first couple of laps working it all out!

Also much easier to find the limits on a uk track, better run off areas if you overstep the mark, and no barrier costs

If I find time and money I may well put that advice to good use, but between now and the ring I need to bring my car up to scratch if I can.

I need to sort out:

• Brakes as they fade too much too often, will try Blue stuff & grooved disks
  • Handing - going to try out a Whiteline ARB, an anti-lift kit (gets a bit light when I floor it) and maybe other various bushes etc then possibly some coilovers

After that lot I would like to get a map done for more torque. Lots of monies between now and then! (If I can afford all of it heh...)