View Single Post
Old 30-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Well, many of you know i have been looking to change my classic for something newer.
Having given up on the RAR due to its very high price & rareness and missing out on an S204, i had stopped looking .
Then The Pieman (Ron)sent me a link to a scoob.
I picked Ron up at 04.30am and he joined me for a 15 hour round trip to take a look.

The owner Steve and his wife mandy were waiting with a large plate of bacon rolls and mugs of tea a plenty, which were much needed, and very much apreciated.

It was chucking it down, but once it stopped for a few mins we got the cloths out and took a long hard look at the scoob, and it was just as described.

I could go on and on about this car, but i will save it,as i am going to bore you all many many times in future threads.
The car is filthy with bugs after a 7 hour drive, so a good clean required before i post any pics.

In an only fools and horse style
I am proud to unveil the "lesser Scoob"
Yep the only white P1 in existance - A very happy man indeed

Had to stop at Prodrive on way back

Big thanks to Steve for parting with such a special scoob.
great guy. Cheers mate

Its just a Type-R with a bodykit,whats all the fuss.

Did i say just before you drove off i had a month to re-consider,i want it back!!

I,m glad your happy with the car Martyn,i know its always a good sales pitch to say you want the car to go to a good home,but that really was important to me,as you know,i was,nt desperate to sell,but i could tell as soon as we started chatting you were the right guy to own the car,i would rather have kept it than sell it to just anybody.

I,m sure you,ll get as much enjoyment from it as i have,it really is the best car i,ve ever owned.

You mention it drives well,i think we kinda forgot to talk about that when you were here,strange that,but as you say,it does stick like s**t,i,ve owned 2 other Impreza,s before this one,and they were pretty good,but the P1 is shockingly good,i remember shouting at the top of my voice when i first drove it home,anybody seeing me must have thought i was a lunatic.

As for the map,i got it done at Tegsport (Steve Simpson)as soon as i got it,and he did say it would have easily acheived 350 bhp with a de-cat and a 3"backbox,so you should have no bother getting that sorted,i just put the 100 cell sport cat and kept the P1 stamped 2.5" backbox because it was my daily driver,so i wanted it running as safely as possible.

Anyway,enjoy the car mate,i,ll keep bobbing on to see how it progresses,and if you decide to sell it dont forget,i,ve got first shout

Steve