View Single Post
Old 16-08-2011, 05:30 AM
Regular User

Default Project 'shafted' (Spec-C content) pic heavy!

Hi guys, I haven't posted much since joining your site as I've been going through quite a lot of rubbish caused by a particular dealer from Manchester (won't go into it on here as I've had enough of having to deal with him and his fanboys causing trouble and constantly lying).

Little intro to set the picture, I've been on the Scooby scene since I got my first Scoob in September 2002, I bought my first (and last) brand new car, a Bugeye WRX with a whole 4 miles on the clock and was chuffed to bits!

Day I got it......

It stayed pretty standard except for a Forge dump valve (I'm an Essex boy and couldn't help it!) until the warranty ran out 3 years later.
I spent the next 4.5 years messing around with it and making it the best car for my needs. I completed 90k miles in it which included various trackdays, a CATD training day at Milbrook (fantastic by the way) and a few trips to the Germany WRC, which included a couple of cheeky ring laps (would have been rude not too!). The only problems I ever had was blowing the 5-speed box up at around 40k and the turbo actuator getting stuck open and making me think the turbo had gone.

It ended up looking like this....

After a fantastic 7.5 years with the car, I decided I fancied some more POWER and looked at my options, it became apparent that I needed a 6-speed box, hubs and bits, a 2nd hand STi8 engine to re-build and then all the ancillaries, turbo, heads, mapping etc.. or I could be really stupid and get a big loan for something newer and better out the box.

The stupid option won! I originally looked for a blobeye Spec-C but as soon as I laid eyes on this, I knew I had to have it, after speaking to the dealer on numerous occasions, firing off lots of emails and PM's I viewed the car and all seemed well, 2 weeks later I drove back up to Manchester to PX my Bug and que BIG loan and BIGGER smiles....

Dealer pictures....

On the journey home from Manchester we had some lovely weather which caused the trip last 6.5hrs!

Day after I got it home I gave it a good wash, polish, claybar and wax

Stupidly loud RCM Team Ice full exhaust

And one very happy bunny!!

Ross