View Single Post
Old 24-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Rest in peace Simon.

I dont really want to get into a/the debate but do feel charlies has got a bit of a hard time unecessarily or rather credit has not been given for what it does do.

I have used and do use a lot of dynos all over the country and europe and I dont know of anyone else that takes the time and effort to try and get the correct figures from a car.
I dont know anyone else that is on it as much to stop and get out and adjust strapping or sense when there is something not right.
I can concerntrate on mapping a car and not have to be concerned with anything other than doing so. The fan is very good, the wideband always works, the boost monitoring accurate.
I suspect charlie has dyno'd more cars than most and he has taught a number of people how to operate their dyno.

Yes the loo may not be the best (especially if we have been for a curry the night before) but if the loo was plush and smelt of roses but the dyno operation was as crap as the loo smells would you be happy?

I travel 80miles and 1.5hours to use his dyno for mapping several times most weeks by choice, there are nearer ones, I have tried them and I wouldnt take my car their for a powerrun let alone map a customers car, no I wont name names either.

I am there for the next two days in fact
Simon

www.JollyGreenMonster.co.uk

Please follow of Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jolly-...26125404073166