View Single Post
Old 31-03-2009, 12:29 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default Re: Rolling road day 14th March 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J.
Had a call from charlie regarding dohuts !

Do it again and we are not welcome back .
Wasn't one of ours...well it wasn't a Subaru...must of been one of those 2WD hangers on
About time you learnt to drive a proper drivers car aint it Scott

Donut what donut that was a just a slight wheel spin infaction and delibrately so. In the right place, right time I feel a proper 3x360 coming.

All this talk of power and dyno results always makes me laugh. My car dynoed at just 276BHP, 226bhp at wheels - or 185bhp per tonne if you prefer which is what I like to measure things in these days. (Dynoed at superchips at 311bhp). And in truth through the rear wheels its as much power as you could ever need on UK roads. Driven in anger, my bottle will give way long before the cars performance would give up.

On the way home scott, I and a TVR cebera had a little play to a *** figured number and all 3 were fairly evenly matched and could hardly say one was significantly pulling on the other. You need serious BHP jumps to make another high powered car make it look like its standing still. 50-100bhp between cars factoring weight, drive train losses and gearing its all down to how much the driver has the right gear at the right time and how he pushes it to the red line.

Down a 'A' road my M3 would cover ground very quickly as well, but you would have to work much, much harder at it, and really use the throttle (rather than let a turbo pull you), gears, power band, and think about how fast you enter a corner and exit a corner, but as a result the driver enjoyment is that much more for me. But against that you don't get the kick in the back you get with a scoob so horses for courses.

But my main point is - Quick is often quick enough, and chasing BHP is nothing more than a v.expensive hobby for pub talk, and when you do get a BHP hike, within a week you get used to it. But in the meantime its just cost you £0000's, hours working on the car, and mullered knuckles.

Oh the things we petrol heads do with our hard earned and time !