View Single Post
Old 30-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Regular User

About time for an update!

Apologies for not keeping this up to date, after this thread was posted on Scoobynet, the sh1t hit the fan and to be honest I lost interest in posting on any site for a while. The dealer slagged me off left right and centre and the 'so called' mods kept deleting and editing loads of posts from myself and friends To be honest it got totally out of hand and people can believe what they want to, the truth is on the net for all to see.

The car has now covered 3000miles without issue, it's running really nice and has had it's final map making 356/379 on the VF36, it pulls really well from low down in all gears and feels great! I'm still listening out for any noises and constantly checking the knock link for any abnormal activity but hopefully I'll get that out of my system soon!

I haven't driven it much since I got it back at the end of July, still trying to get my mojo back with it, having said that, I did take it out last week at 11pm and didn't get home till 6am, kept making excuses as to why I should go home and after almost 2 full tanks of VPower I had to give in and get some sleep!

I've now decided to do a Snetterton trackday in Feburary which (if nothing falls off) should finally help me get my head sorted with the car. I'm not too sure what the first things would be best to do in preperation for it, I've fitted a few Whiteline goodies over the last couple of weeks that I know definately work due to previous experiance with my Bugeye....

24mm rear adjustable ARB + solid droplinks
22mm front adjustable ARB + solid droplinks
Solid rear ARB mount kit
Front 6.5" 3-way speakers that actually do something

I'm now stuck as to what to do about disks and pads, I had the Performance Friction setup on the Bug and it was truely awesome on track, no fade after loads of ridiculous late braking corners and they were pretty good on the road too.

With Crimbo coming, I won't be able to afford the full PF setup for Snetterton so can anyone suggest a good/cheaper alternative that will work well on the road but won't fade too quickly on track??

I've been looking at the Godspeed grooved disks and orange stuff pads but have never used their disks or EBC pads before, any thoughts on these?? or any other options I should look at??

http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~god...id_product=142

I'll be changing the brake fluid for 5.1 before hand as it made a massive difference on the Focus in Janurary.

Taking it back to FB on Monday for a full check-up and oil change, also collecting a new Subaru scissor jack as mine decided to thread itself at the weekend whilst playing with the roll bars.

One last thing, has anyone used Advan AD07 tyres before?? I know the AD08's are supposed to be really good for track but the RA wheels I bought have the older version on them with loads of tread left, wondered if they were any good for track as thats what I'll be using??

Cheers