View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Bronze Member

BIG UPDATE 28-02-2011

Right guys as the rear was near completion and only needs a day really to fully complete, I have decided sod it and lets have a bash at giving the front and the engine bay the same treatment.

While I was on the Interweb I ordered some new rear brakes and pads, HDI GT2 FMIC, Full Super pro front poly bush kit, Diff Oil and Brake fluid.

The aim for the front is basically exactly the same as the rear, remove eberything underneath both subframes. Hub assemblies, suspension everything bascially even the radiator and coolant system are being given a spruce up.

While I'm there I'll be fitting the RCM ceramically coated headers and up-pipe and also the cosworth baffle plate.

The weather has hampered play but here are some piccys over the last few days of the front being demolished... I mean stripped down ready for the Powder coating and Zinc plating of all the nuts and bolts and a few brackets that are to near a heat source to be powder coated.

Enjoy guys.

I'll get some more pictures of how stripped the front actually is but basically the main subframes and powersteering is also out and the engine now balancing on railway sleepers and jacks, the turbo is also removed.

I'll be documenting the whole undersealing process and cleaning of everything too