View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTel View Post
They should be nearly impossible to go off in an empty shop, they should be fitted so that two sensors both have to agree there is someone there before they fire. Someone calls the fire service most times they are tested LOL
Thats what the engineer used to say every time he came round to check the system!

Yeah, the fire brigade showed up on a number of occasions, if you got a call in quick after the system went off you could call them off, but more often or not they'd already be there by the time one of the management showed up.

It always used to annoy me that more effort wasn't made into finding out why the system was so bloody twitchy, as I'm sure the fire brigade had much better things to do then run around for a stupid alarm!

Funny you say about the ANPR. I popped into a BP garage about a fortnight ago (in Whyteleafe) and they have a screen for the ANPR behind the counter flashing up the registrations as cars pull in. Never seen that in a petrol station before: by the sounds of it, it'll be a more common sight soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby
Wouldn't mind knowing as well just in case i ever get a scooby again
I don't want to tread on any toes naming the company on here, but have a look on the P1WOC for the "Personal Message" thread, the answers is in there.