View Single Post
Old 13-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Regular User

As stated the reason for this kind of attention to detail that only comes from RCM is that done right the engine will be able to cope with 3 bar boost without any issues.

So the power plant has been secured and we now know is in a condition good enought to easily cope with our target, so what other upgrades are needed and who would we use.

To be honest i've been so pleased with my previous project for both quality and reliability there no way i would trust anybody else to assemble all this than CPA.

For this build to work every aspect has to be improved so we started with intercooler choices, did we go ATP- no longer available, HYPERFLOW MONSTER- nice but very dear.

Again Rich came to our rescue with the answer, one off custom build huge intercooler capable of handling huge boost and designed specifically for the classic shaped impreza.

To give an idea of its size (and it is huge) i took the following picture.

obviously this is going to take some serious work to get to fit but we will get there.

with the like of RCM, Launch, API and CPA all assisting on this project i really feel in good hands and know i'm going to be pleased with the results.

The air from this monster intercooler will be passing through bespoke pipework which we have already got one section completed.

including the nice touches for future upgrades such as the nitrous blow off valve

leading to the only choice really in my book, a gobstopper throttle body again bespoke built from a solid alloy billet and precision engineered for flow

And with such high performance parts on board it was only right we went for the best of the best again and bought a rotated magnesium inlet manifold. We opted for the eight injector set up for reliability and tuneability. I could not believe the quality of the cast of this item, how light it was and how smooth internally