View Single Post
Old 17-12-2011, 09:35 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby O'Neill View Post
I know it sounds great having extra hpi added to ur car by remap I think u just add more damage to ur car in the long run just having standard insides to ur engine u can just have the same fun just having it standard. Me by having one these cars they where designed for couple hours rally driving striped and rebuild for next day racing and us are driving these for so long of mileage hoping bottom end bearing don't go or a piston

These cars sometimes actually dont have a very good map on them in standard form and by getting it mapped properly you can smooth everything out and have it running properly without inflicting any damage on the engine. As you said, obviously there is more chance of doing damage the higher you push with standard internals, but you would be amazed how much nicer the car drives even with no mods and a simple map. My fuel consumption even improved marginally when mine was done the first time. There are as many standard ones going pop as mapped, it just depends on how its looked after and a bit of luck!. As for the rally cars, our cars dont really bear any resemblance to them as ours are built for the road, and as you say a rally car is built to do stages.

The key to it, is getting it mapped by someone who knows what they are doing and doesnt take the car to dangerous levels (unless the owner wants it!).

To the original poster, If you have a cat back box, change the fuel pump and filter and then map it, it will feel like a different car.