View Single Post
Old 30-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Bronze Member

Default Lazadude's Hawk WRX Project

Thought I'd post this up on here, as its on Surrey too

Right, So started of as I was going to get a CS400, but saw sense and bought a late 2007 standard WRX in 2010 with 20k miles on it as my first scoob.

Picture of her the day she arrived:

and In the snow:

Then I decided to swap the spoiler for a high level one, and got a Full decat 3 inch Japspeed exhaust system too.

This was then open source remapped, and the next present was some 18" inovite tarmac's, (with thanks to Shaun on here :thumbsup: ).

This ended up looking like:

After some TLC by James GRD, fitted some Tein springs to the standard shocks to stop it sitting on stilts, and this made it sit/ride a lot nicer. Also got a Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, Rear Rollbar and Droplinks fitted and then one of James' (:bestpal great fast road geo's.

This completely transformed the car.

After all this, was looking like:

--- Some more time passes ----
And then Fail struck.

During some spirited driving, and some driver error , I did a little bit of off roading (That's what the cars are for right!?) and bush raiding on the roads outside of Pod. :censored:

As you can see the front subframe was all forced back, and she was leaking vital fluids..

This was recovered back to GRD's Compound (Huge thanks again to GRD for looking at the damage and the temporary storage).

I said goodbye to her as the good Dr-Frank-In-Stew, took her away.

I then ran away to drive to Mongolia, the long way round.

When I got back, I saved up and bought GuyB's :bestpal: WRX of him, :thumb:.

However due to some unforeseen and extenuating circumstances, I had to sell her after only owning and caring for her for a couple months. ;(

The plus side was that I was able to get the Hawk back, after Stew had repaired it, (Top Man, and Thanks for the understanding shown) and did a really good job.

Which brings me to today, where I fitted a Kenwood head unit with built in Garmin sat nag, Ipod and TV tuner.

After taking the majority of the interior plastic out to route various cables, It was looking like this:

Anyone know what the "Denso" metal box thing there is? Guessing ECU?

But this then allowed me to wire a USB port onto the side of the passenger foot well:

where the female links to the head unit, and the male cable currently there leads into the center console for:

Hidden Ipod, controllable by the head unit!

At the same time, I fitted the TMIC water spray kit switches:

And wired the GPS receiver into the Dash, coming out of the Clock enclosure, which when I find some, will be where I will have my gauges, hiding it further.

And once all wired in and confirmed working, everything was secured, and tidied, resulting in:

And that's where we are now.

TD05-16G, STI TMIC, Antilift Kit, ARB's and bits ready to install, remap again, and should be sorted.