View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Default Re: the next sussex meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-jaffacake-tone
i think its a joke how people think that they were banned just over t-shirts THIS WASNT the case!

its a ******* car forum get over it!!
Don't tar everyone with the same brush Tone....

I'd like to know what the other reasons where in my case, because AFAIK I was banned for suggesting a change of T-Shirt design, doing the leg work on the design, supplier and pricing plus trying to raise the profile of the club at events/meets.
It was for the benefit of Sussex Scoobies.....no-one else......one of the moderators was even in on the thread where we where floating colour scheme ideas.

Then all of a sudden the shutters came down on the T-Shirt idea, the thread was removed/deleted and hence all hell broke loose, those that voiced their opinions on the handling of the matter by the moderators felt the wrath of the 'Ban Stick'.

I was accussed of making a profit on the shirts, using the logo without permission and using the name without permission. (the name and the logo where actually from the original East Sussex Scoobies website http://www.eastsussexscoobies.co.uk/index1.htm, which had nothing to do with the moderators).

This change/focus on a new shirt was spurred on after comments from the Autotuner event, that I organsied, were along the lines of "We just looked like a load of blokes with Scoobs that didn't know anyone, rather then a Regional group'.

If you really want I can re-publish the whole thing as I have it all cached away on my hard drive.

Lastly, I don't have any issues with Sussex Scoobies, their Shirts, or the 'Real' people that arrange meets/events.

Plus South East Scoobies is about amalgamating all groups, not alienating them.....