Thread: Oil Cooler
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jura11 View Post
Hi Stu

Speak to the Think Automotive,they're selling Mocal/Setrab oil coolers for reasonable price,I don't know,but I'm not trusting Japspeed Oil cooler

Yes you will struggle get engine up to higher temperature if you are doing lots of short journey

Jura

Ok mate thank you. I do fairly short journeys,my main one being to work and back which is approx ten miles each way, anything from 25-45mins drive on average. Don't want to fit an oil cooler if it means I can't have a blast as the engine's too cold, defeats the purpose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
Stu out of interest have you got a baffled sump?
Hello E. No I don't mate, something else i've looked at but not sure i need. Looking at it though, it may be a better option. Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
If it has a thermostat it should be fine, I never had one on my RA or the trooper tho and never had any probs unless it was freezing
I've no idea if it does or not,haha. Cheers mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
I've got a 25 row setrab from think automotive fitted with the mocal thermostatic plate. The only issue I have is that it appears to take slightly longer to get to temp as there will always be a little flow even when the thermostat is closed. I have to do othe odd trip to work and get to the 80 degree point after about 10-15mins of town driving, keeping under 3k. Not sure how long the oil takes to heat up without a cooler as I fitted the gaug at the same time.

Any body got gauges with out an oil cooler care to give a comparative time to warm up?
I haven't got any gauges so there lies another potential problem. As i said above, I don't want to be blasting about in it if it's not at temp. Thanks for your reply mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J. View Post
Mine takes about 5 to 10 mins also with a 25 row and thermostat to get to 60 degrees then I see no higher than 85 on the road
Cheers CJ, obviously works well then.

Thanks for all your answers guys, given me plenty of food for thought.....