Thread: Modding an sti
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Simon will be the best person to ask mate, he must of mapped dozens at this power and will know what performs the best
cheers james did email him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
For p1/wr1 prices theres a lovely jdm white blobeye spec c looks a minter on ebay! could be worth a look??
prefer look of blobeye and bloody cheaper lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Its funny mate, there are loads advertised but when you take a closer look there isnt actually alot, OR we are just fussy sods as you said!

Standard blob sti with those mods should make late 3's I would think.

New turbo.

Front mount at that power I wouldnt think is completely necessary

Standard injectors should be fine

If it has PPP then the fuel pump will have been upgraded anyway

Again it would probably make 380 on a 2.5 inch but a 3 will flow better and give better gains.

To be honest even if a standard blob with those mods made 360 and good torque it would be a cracking car to drive and you can tweak it about to drive how you like it when its mapped.

I remeber when I went with Paul (Scoobishmuck) and he simply changed his fuel pump and got a remap. It went from the standard 265 ish to 320 and similar torque and the difference was incredible. Much more so than when I had the hawk mapped, despite it having a bit more power.
Thats the thing steve not many decent ones about or most people you email either dont hear anything back from them or get one word answers,or they are at the other end of the country(which i dont mind travelling for right one)

eg when i eventually got my type r i travelled to wales on the friday(car was ****e),birmingham on saturday(car was ****e),essex on the sunday and bought that one lol

oh well hunt continues for both of us