Thread: JGM Project Car
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Rest in peace Simon.

With nothing major planned for upgrading over winter I seem to have done a lot and have a lot more stuff to do.

adjusted the ride height a little

Cars had a bit of a health check with cam timing checked, compression test and bore scope check of the pistons and valves etc so decided no need to refresh the engine and in reality although the use of it has so far been on boost most of the time its not exactly done many miles

mapped it on the new turbos and although happy with the power and the spool and torque the shape of the power curves werent ideal for racing so the exhaust manifolds are being redone (as I was concerned they might cause an issue as were never specced for the size of turbos now fitted).. Stew @ TFS racing has been tasked with the job of making replacement manifolds (I have probably annoyed the wossits off him with my ocd requests and last minute adjustments and changing my mind more times than changing gear on my way there )
Stew seems to be dancing whilst working so I cant have annoyed him too much yet.

http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?...28158210551253

I then have some Christmas presents I bought for the car to fit (SD motorsport rear subframe, white line adjustable rear arms - thanks Alyn @ AS performance and a Carbon Prop - Thanks RCM for the cracking deal on it - still laughing at Olly "you would rather be killed by Carbon?" hopefully not) and then I shall remap it for the new manifolds and hopefully get power curves more to my liking, and I have a lot of tidying up planned - arches need repainting, boot needs painting and need to collect and paint and fit new bonnet (Haven't forgotten Mark Mr Lateral )

Was a shame the airfield day was cancelled because of the snow so looks like my first real play with the new gearbox will be Marham in March for 30-130

Simon

www.JollyGreenMonster.co.uk

Please follow of Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jolly-...26125404073166