Thread: New Pride & Joy
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by munk View Post
thats wrong! you cant tell me the seller wasnt aware of impending problems a few days ago... sure iv read something somewhere about reclaiming your money in situations like this, even on second hand cars..from private sellers, once youve paid over a certain price..
It's very difficult to prove, and as we all know (and the reason for my recent post in technical about Big-Ends) they can just go, and Subaru's are quite good at it.

My classic spun a big end about 3 weeks after I sold it. Now I will never get to the bottom of how the new owner was driving it at the time, but what I do know is it was fine when it left me, with only 54000 miles on the clock.

I did have a spare engine (although 3 pistons were shot) that I let the guy have to help him sort it, as being me I felt sorry for the guy and the spare engine was no use to me being a 2.0 and I'd moved on to a 2.5.

Turned out alright for me though as I ended up buying the car back 18 months later with STi rods, Nitrided crank and ACL bearings