Thread: Audi S4
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2013, 10:30 AM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby_Greg View Post
With the rising costs of fuel and taxes it's a good move and puts money in the bank for a rainy day. I expect you'll be bored in a couple of months though Rob as you have a passion for cars. Must admit I've been tempted by a blob sti as I miss my old one so much, but have just gone the Elise route. Very cheap costs to run and maintain although expensive to buy. Hopefully it will not lose any value which you can't say for many cars.

Look forward to seeing what you go for next!
Funny you should mention Elise - There is a high probability I'll take the same route for all the reasons you mention, cheap to run for a proper little sports car, big grin factor, and although the intial outlaw is not that cheap, I've only seen them appreciate in value in the last couple of years. So it wouldn't bother me having it tucked up in my garage most of the time, and seems to be the only way to keep a car in tip top condition these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Well its driving me stir crazy, though for me its been a year now with no STI. Every morning when I leave the house I still wish I was in the scoob, probably more now than before. Just gotta keep saving and get one sorted. Bet you dont last more than a month tho mate!
I loved the Audi and is the better car in IMO. But I do like the relative low running costs of a scoob, miss the burble and club aspect of them, and like to tinker with cars, and can't help but keep looking at them. So it will be a close race between either the above elise route or back to 1 car and a newer age scoob.

Also the problem I'm finding right now which is another factor in the thought process, is our roads are in such a poor state (Almost 3rd world country poor), coupled with very little oppertunity to have a spirited drive, that having a sports saloon/car of any description is almost pointless now. You'd do much better with a dodgem car.