View Single Post
Old 18-03-2013, 03:24 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Clays bars are fine to use. First off I would go for one thats not too aggressive. I generally use the meguires one which can be found in halfords or on sites like polishedbliss.co.uk.

Wash the car first making sure all the loose dirt is off.

Warm the clay a bit by squeezing it with your hands until it is a bit loose/soft.

The meguires one comes with a bottle of speed detailer to use as lube (ooh err!!). Do one panel at a time, spray the detailer on and the rub the clay bar over the panel lightly. If you feel it 'drying up' spray more detailer on. The key is to keep the clay moving freely.

I would recommend going around the top of the car first (i.e roof, bonnet, boot lid top, and tops of panels) and then do the bottom of the panels last as thats where the majority of the muck will come from.

Worth noting between each panel (or when necessary) 'need' the clay bar again in your hands so it is clean. I often find a rinse in warm water helps this)

Wash the car again to get rid of any remnents of clay, polish and seal/wax.

Remember that claying will strip any wax you already have on the car off, hence needing to do it again.

You will see/feel a big difference in the paint after, and its alot easier to keep on top of by just topping up the wax every 3 or 4 weeks.

If you need a hand mate, give me a shout. I miss cleaning a scoob lol.

Steve

Last edited by Lucky; 19-03-2013 at 10:38 AM.