View Single Post
Old 19-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member

Got the bits I needed through today so cracked on while the wife was out and I had some spare time. Group n kit from import car parts. The most important part of this kit was the nice new shiny bolts, the back four were in a bit of state and were not really any good for re use.

Must say what a mare of a job it was!!!
Took my time and tried not to use to much sealant so as not to get in a mess but the movement of the gasket whilst re fitting the bolts put and end to that idea.
Basically I ended up launching the gasket ( literally ), cleaned up everything agian and fitted the sump OE style as from the factory with just a nice layer of three bond.
I've kept the gasket as a just in case as its cleaned up ok but fingers crossed its not going to leak anywhere, time will tell.
New Oil filter filled with fresh oil and screwed on but I'm leaving the sump to seal properly over night before I fill and take it for run to get it warmed up.

I think the shiny sump could be the start of something and I would like it all underneath to be nice and new but I don't want it to be come a car I worry about too much and therefor doesn't get driven.
Looking forward to tomo morns start up.