View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 08:33 PM
worzel

Default Worzels 2.5 shopping list

Right boys and girls.

As you are probably aware by now, I am just about to go 2.5 due to my engine having a poo and burying itself on the run down to Germany.

I have purchased a 2.5 lump from Nige (cheers mate ) and until he is back from sunning himself in much warmer climbs, I am not sure what the lump comes with apart from uprated bearings I believe?

To that end, I am looking to get a shopping list put together for the build. I have just about scraped together £3000.00 to do this.

I am going to see the garage tomorrow to get some ball park costs from them, so that will give me an idea of what I might have left.

The one thing to take into mind is the fact I am NOT looking for massive power figures, 400bhp is NOT what I'm looking to break or even achieve. If I got 370 / 380bhp I would be happy as larry. So, I am sticking with the Vf34 turbo that I already have, as that is more than adequate. To that end, front mount is another thing I don't want to do either.

So what do I NEED for this build?

The first thing that's been spoken about is Forged Pistons, as Scott said, this might already have them, but we will find out when Nige returns. If it hasn't got them, we'll start there I suppose.

So....... the list starts. Please add your recommendations to the list. Makes, details, prices if possible etc etc.

Cheers in advance

Worzel

1: Forged Pistons -