View Single Post
Old 22-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Silver Member

Hi guys, here is some advice Clive posted on the P1WOC for the guys who offer laps for passengers.

To the guys that are driving on track

I think that only 6 cars are allowed on track at one time but you may still catch up with the car in front.
When you get on the runway go well wide to overtake. They dont sweep the runway and the car in front will be chucking up grit etc.

THE LAP
I couldn't believe how many cars were lifting for the first left. You wont need to and you will easily take it flat in a P1.

Heading down the straight to the next right stay well left and hug the cones. Turn in aiming for inside right kerbs as trucks are also driving around the outside of the track we are on. If you don't cut the apex and you are on pace you will tend to drift out towards the truck lane .

Short straight then you have a right into the chicane. Same again, hug the cones on left and use kerb on right.

Once over the first kerb it's flat through the rest of the chicane and onto the runway straight.

Your brain will tell you to lift but dont. Trust your P1.

On the runway I only take it up to about 140 - 150. No point in driving flat out at high speed as it's the bends the passengers remember.

At the end of the runway you will turn right and merge in with the trucks so beware at that point.

It will pay to have a jerry can of fuel with you. It wont be a case of just popping out the show to fill up and you won't want to be cornering fast with a quarter of a tank or less as surge will commence.

Remember guys most of us will first experience fuel surge on a track, not on the roads, and engines don't like it !!