View Single Post
Old 14-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Regular User

Default random cutting out

hi all ive been suffering a problem with my car thats been going on for a few weeks, it started off by hearing a click which turned out to be my boost solinoid and a instant loss of power and some times a back fire. then driving along the m3 same click but engine totally cut off but restarted when i tried. this went on for a while until one day i went to turn it on and nothing happened at all, i turned the ignition on and didnt hear the fuel pump prime, had someone look at it thinkin it was the pump but he put a live feed in from my lighter and the pump worked no probs so this led me to think it was an issue with my immobiliser but i had some one else bypass it and i still had the same problem. started thinking it was a wiring fault as i was fiddling with the harness next to the battery and my boost solinoid kicked off clicking away like mad and the fuel pump turned on. so i removed the washer bottle and checked the elec plugs behind washer bottle and the snag went away for a bit, then driving along one day and it started doing it again and messing with the plugs made no difference so i turned my attention to my ecu. took all the plugs off and refitted them and when i put the last on on my fuel pump started working again, could it be that my ecu is buggered?? its a standard 4 plug 93 wrx ecu with a polar perfomance chip fitted but been running the chip for over a year without a problem.
any ideas guys??? thanks jay