View Single Post
Old 15-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Platinum Member

Default aaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!

As some will know, We have been going through the house purchase from hell! which has meant everything has been thrown up in the air and the whole family has been in limbo for ages!! Things are finaly progressing (fingers crossed next couple of weeks) and hopefuly things will settle down a bit and life can get back to some normality.

Anyway, yesterday I was making coffee in the morning when wifey can be heard running across the landing, down the stairs screaming!!! as she passes the kitchen door, she shouts "your ponds empty"!!!!!

We run out to find a completely empty pond with all the fish laying dead on the bottom Rush with the hose to put some water in, just in case and a couple of the fish struggle for life.

Started on trying to save as many as we could and managed to revive 5 out of the 15........ dissapointing things is, I lost ALL of my koi and my sturgeon

Gutted is an understatement!! looks like one of the filter hose seals went and the pump pushed all the water out! annoyingly the cut offs didn't work, have two in place, one cuts power to pump and one to close the water hose.. (or supposed to)

So upset by it that not going to build a new pond at the new house, so all the surviving fish have gone off this morning to my sisters pond... along with all my fishy stuff

anyone with fish will know just how I feel at the moment!!! also something I could have done without at the moment......