Thread: The Passat
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 08:15 PM

Default The Passat

A quick progress report on non Scoobie car.

Well after seeing the advert on here for Craig's Passat for sale, a deal had to be done. Nice plain old Passat estate TDi.

Good sensible car, as the Scooby wagon wasn't sensible enough according to Jo.

So here it was the day I bought it:

Plain old Passat Sport.

Well I replaced a cloudy sun damaged headlamp after failing to polish it up, but I had the usual itchy feet, I do not do standard cars, I've tried and just can't.

So interior was well, what can we say, as O2 advert says, More Dog!

So standard cloth seats went and in goes leather/alcantara heated seats and door cards. sorry no pics at moment.

Thule aero roof rack was picked up at same time as well as a Superchip remap, all from same person in Wiltshire. Was glad to get home that day as had to drive to Crewe and then to Exeter on route. 700 miles all in!

Anyway, now interior was taking shape, some new car mats were on order to finish off for now, it was back to the outside.

I noticed the rear tyres were almost due a replacement and the alloys were past their best, so a quick look around at home (anyone who knows me will understand this) and I found 4 new Falken 235/35/19 tyres in the cconservatory, like you do. Hmmmm, need some alloys..... now where did I put that Audi A4 I had a few years back. A phone call tracked it down to where it was currently stored and I went off to come back with some 19 inch alloys (yes I do actually lose some of my cars!)

After several hours getting the car dragged out of the mud and stinging nettles it was hidden in (not a good time to wear shorts and no socks!) I had them in the boot. Off to my friends at Wiltshires car cleaning to get them jet washed.

So, wheels now on:

and it was a bit 4X4 ish, plus suspension was tired, as discovered on my 700 mile round journey.

Quick phone call later and some AP coilovers in the post. So following weekend I wound her down:

I know it's not everyones taste, but I did it on a budget with mostly stuff found cheap or laying around.

So that is it for now I think. Good polish next before winter, then indoors to sort house out.

Scoobie build to come shortly.

Last edited by 555_Si; 12-09-2013 at 08:23 PM.