Thread: Dyno Printouts
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
That AFR just looks wrong.
No way should that be running 14AFR above 4,000rpm.
The ECU switches from lambda fuel control to MAF fuel control above 3,000rpm or when you start to achieve positive boost. Whichever occurs first.

In your case you are running 14.5AFR at 4100rpm and 12psi of boost, so very lean for those conditions. It should be around 12.5AFR max (I'll dig out the map from my old archive HDrive to confirm what it should be).

Boost also comes in quite late, so not sure if the operator bought the rpm up to 4,000 before flooring it, or had wide open throttle from low rpm in 3rd or 4th.

The fuelling then flatlines to 10 which I have never seen before in such a straight and level way. It's almost as if the lambda meter has hit it's limit.

The only movement is between 5100 and 5500. On the scoob around 4800 to 5500 is the usual detonation hot spot......

The MAF is critical to good running. If the MAF is metering the air wrong, then the calculated load (which is a calculation based on MAP and MAF) will be wrong.
The calculated load is used as one of the axis on the 16x16 fuel and timing maps. Therefore if your calculated load is incorrect the cells selected for a specifc rpm will be incorrect and therefore the timing/fuelling will be incorrect.

Is your boost still holding up after the run out to the rollers and back ?
car holds 1 bar on my gauge and on there chart. Car seems to run fine now other than the fact im not geting 1.1bar...

really odd that changing actuator gave me boost but not full boost....im really concerned about the DET..but as soon as i see the fuel air mix i thought i need you to see it...

so we think MAF could create my boost det and fuel problems...??
i understand nuts n bolts but this engine fuel map stuff im lost!!