View Single Post
Old 31-01-2014, 07:46 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Hi Benji,

Guess what.... I've also had a Evo5, 7 and 8, in various states of tune. Great Cars, Loved all the models and the handling on the very edge of traction with its AYC is amazing. They can happily be driven by the playstation age or people with very little skill and the car will get them out of trouble. Push them to them, to what you think might be the limit then push beyond even harder and they just tuck in, correct everything and you will come away thinking how the hell did I get away with that.

Great cars and do like the fact you will probably see 50 scoobs on the road before you see and EVO, and there is always mutual respect between genuine Scoob and Evo enthusiasts. But They are more hard core to live with day to day, and they are very much of the same DNA, but the Scoob parts, servicing, repairs and knowledge base if allot more forthcoming and yet it is pretty much the same car. You you have to mod the scoob more than the Evo to get the power, but turbo's and Injectors upgrade etc on Scoob are relatively cheap and easy to come by.

And as above I would agree ALL the Evo ranges tend to suffer from rust a little more than Scoobs. Also It's going to cost you a fair more to get into an Evo or similar age not matter what derivative you are looking at, and I doubt its going to feel different enough or unlikely to push your buttons much more than you current car.