View Single Post
Old 23-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Overall it was a nice day, but I think there is a fair amount that could be done better, which I will list.
I would also welcome your idea's and add it to the list.
I will then pass this feedback to the event organisers.

Here's the start :
  • Where were all the car club stands. I spotted 3 or which at least 1 was un-official (ours). The last time SES attended (2011) there was a large number of car clubs stretching for several hundred meters down the runway (see Supercar Siege 2013 & 2014 at Leeds for an example of how club stands look/create/make an event succesful).
  • The flyers/advertising the event had many club stands on the list (copied from previous years, I assume), far more the the 3 mentioned above.
  • With acres and acres of grass why is the event limited to the hardstanding/runway. People were cramming in on the available grass space to sit, rest and have picnic's. The hub of the event in 2011 used a grassed area for the trade stands, food suppliers and eating area. This was much better then sitting in the middle of a dis-used runway.
  • A number of the childrens activities seemed to be taking very little money.
  • The Supercars paddock could of been opened up to the public during lunch.
  • The track layout / experience is alot shorter then it was in 2011 (but £10 more expensive).
  • The spectator viewing area was not as good as 2011 i.e on the famous 'Gambon' corner. As a result the cars were too far away for good photography unless you have a proffesional camera. The red/white safety barriers obscured photographs when the cars were within a good photogrpahic distance.
  • Toilet's...I don't remember seeing many, certainly none in the car park area.
Too be honest everything you said above sums it up completely scott,if anyone not been to the asda charity day at bruntinghthorpe do it this year, they will show how it should be done

Last edited by bigemp; 23-06-2014 at 04:23 PM.