View Single Post
Old 23-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Rest in peace Jodie.

Question DIY calliper repainting, anyone a skilled hand at this? Also got spare sliding rears?

Hello

Two questions:

DIY calliper repainting, anyone a skilled hand at this?

Also got spare sliding rear callipers sitting about in serviceable condition?

Back story, I think I made a booboo by ordering some brush on calliper paint, in a specific and funky colour before consulting a pro about carrying out a brake service and freshening up.

So I bought x2 250ml "HIGH QUALITY GERMAN CALIPER PAINT BRUSH ON"

It has arrived, so I thought naively that I was ready to get my brake servicing done.

I previously bought some used 4 pot callipers and discs that had been removed from a classic, and they've been sitting about with me for probably more than 6 months, last week I bought new pads for them from AS Performance.

I also bought new pads and discs at the same time for my car's existing sliding rear callipers.

However in arranging my cambelt and brake service I was advised brush on paint is likely going to look like a dogs dinner if just painting over tired old callipers and they don't do in house refurb / calliper painting because it wouldn't be as cost effective as me getting Godspeed to do it, which is fine except they powdercoat rather than brush paint.

I've spoken to Ian and he'll check if my desired colour or damn close is available in powder form.

The four pots aren't yet fitted so are ready to send to Godspeed if i go the powder coat and full refurb route. However the sliding rear callipers are fitted to the car from factory and if he doesn't have any knocking about I need to source a pair so I can just get them done and then take the lot to the garage for fitting along with the new cambelt and oill change.